Vintage Lands Deck

• Have you considered running Null Rod or Stony Silence to help combat fast mana strategies? You can replace Zuran Orb with Dark Heart of the Woods for the infinite mana/life combo with Fastbond and Crucible.

• Maybe the Intuition route would work.

Intuition for Thespian's Stage , Dark Depths, Life from the Loam

One card combo kills in a couple turns

• This post is deleted!

• // 60 Maindeck
    // 10 Artifact
    1 Black Lotus
    3 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Mana Crypt
    1 Mox Diamond
    1 Mox Emerald
    1 Mox Jet
    1 Sol Ring
    1 Zuran Orb

// 5 Enchantment
    4 Exploration
    1 Fastbond

// 7 Instant
    1 Vampiric Tutor
    2 Crop Rotation
    4 Mental Misstep

// 32 Land
    1 Barbarian Ring
    3 Bayou
    3 Bazaar of Baghdad
    1 Bojuka Bog
    4 Dark Depths
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Karakas
    1 Riftstone Portal
    1 Strip Mine
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    4 Thespian's Stage
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland
    1 Buried Ruin
    1 Horizon Canopy

// 6 Sorcery
    1 Demonic Tutor
    4 Life from the Loam
    1 Imperial Seal

// 15 Sideboard
    // 7 Artifact
    SB: 1 Zuran Orb
    SB: 3 Sphere of Resistance
    SB: 3 Null Rod

// 1 Enchantment
    SB: 1 Chains of Mephistopheles

// 3 Instant
    SB: 3 Abrupt Decay

// 4 Land
    SB: 1 Bojuka Bog
    SB: 1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    SB: 1 Ghost Quarter
    SB: 1 Forest

Here is my current list after some thoughts and some possible changes.

1. I opted to run 4 Mental Misstep. I'm not sure if this is correct, but I found having our Exploration/Fastbond misstepped is a huge loss. If they opt to FoW our opener, I can be more ok with it because at least it's a 2-for-1.

2. I tested Punishing Fire engine. It's simply too slow.

3. I really want to think of a good plan B. Graveyard hate is everywhere. I was thinking of either Knight of the Reliquary to make this more of a loam type deck or Dark Confidants for the beat down.

4. Anyways, this is a fun deck, but I don't think it's broken enough for vintage. It almost feels like a turn too slow when people are turboing out mentor or something.

• TMD Supporter

@Naixin look at Tireless Tracker too

• with the recent shakeup in vintage, how do we feel about this deck now? And "budget powerless, bazaar" list look like? thinking about going to eternal weekend and would be looking at eeking into the money with the top finishing powerless list.

• @jayceonblaze the eternal weekend "powerless" requirement excludes bazaar, unless I misunderstood you, so this wouldn't qualify. this deck probably needs bazaar to function properly.

• https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/comments/5v9crw/legacy_lands_in_vintage_tournament_report/

That's something to look at. I like the idea of Lands in Vintage. I am unsure how much you would want to play it right now though seeing as it is weak to Combo.

• Not sure if it's the same deck but a lands list put up a pretty good finish in this event

http://www.themanadrain.com/topic/1402/eternal-weekend-vintage-trial-denton-tx-08-20-2017/8

• these lists look reasonable enough to give me an idea of a list i like. especially nice to read the tourney reports.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.