0_1561036651384_155956b6-f3f7-44da-8b6c-6ab0cc62e2f7-image.jpeg

Drawn from Dreams
2UU
Sorcery
Look at the top seven cards of your library. Put two of them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.

Dig Through Time with the mana cost and timing restrictions of Jace. Seems playable for the power of the effect and a cost we can pay in Vintage. Jace is on an all time low right now for being expensive though, so I don't know. Also Jace's -1 seems pretty important.
http://mythicspoiler.com/m20/cards/drawnfromdreams.jpg

EDIT: has a big difference from Dig for Oath since it's puts on the bottom randomly.

last edited by fsecco

For that cost, I prefer Fact or Fiction. I think it's not playable in vintage.

Nope. This is hot garbage. I think I would much sooner just run fact or fiction which sees mo play.

The effect alone is not what makes DDT a good card.

If it was an instant would you play it? I wonder what's the bar. Is 2 mana instant the only way we can play this effect?

If it was an instant I'm not actually sure it would be better than Fact or Fiction. FoF can net you more cards but does not dig as deep and there is some level of player skill that you cant really bank on but occasionally you will win because your opponent makes a bad pile.

I think making this an instant is the floor for playability. 3 mana would scratch my itch but even then it's questionable compared to DDT.

@protoaddict if this was a 2U sorcery it would be great right? And probably would still not be much played right now due to Narset - you can't overload your deck without too many 3cmc cards right?

If it was an instant I bet it would be better than FoF. Gets you the best 2 cards in 7 where FoF will get you 1 best card in 5 and 2-3 other random cards.

This is not playable. "What If?" scenarios about how you'd develop the card is just Custom Magic with extra steps.

This thread is just like the one that almost unanimously rejected Jace, the Mind Sculptor!
If you're up against dredge, Drawn from Dreams is much stronger than Fact or Fiction.

If you are up against dredge 4 mana double blue sorcery speed stuff is not what you want to be playing at all.

@anonymous said in [M20] Drawn from Dreams:

This is not playable. "What If?" scenarios about how you'd develop the card is just Custom Magic with extra steps.

You don't need to read this nor post an useless answer here. Bye.

I think this would be quite playable in some decks as an instant. As a sorcery though, meh..

In existing decks I want to play the 4th Narset before the first copy of this.

I think I lack the imagination to see what new useful play patterns this opens up

Honestly I like this card. I cast a lot of Digs for 4 🤷🏻♂

A lot of decks are playing one Jace TMS, and this is probably just better in that slot. Or it’s at least close.

It’s comparable to Gifts, and I think a little bit better than Gifts, given the meta influenced constraints on deck construction

last edited by desolutionist

This is a great card.
Digs deep. Gets you the two best cards of seven. At 4cmc, that's not bad, even at sorcery speed. Not comparable to jace,tms at all. Closest card to this is DTT...

Except, this card is coming at a time where we have Jtms, FoF, Gifts, Paradoxical Outcome, Narset, parter of veils unrestricted.
There just isn't room for a slower more costly DTT in Vintage.

In standard it's going to be a beast. Gets you cards past Narset 😉

Technically it’s cheaper to cast than DTT. Exiling those cards comes at a cost.

What I mean is, a deck that plays this card rather than Dig can still fire off a big Yawg Will or play maindeck Rest In Peace.

@desolutionist said in [M20] Drawn from Dreams:

Technically it’s cheaper to cast than DTT. Exiling those cards comes at a cost.

What I mean is, a deck that plays this card rather than Dig can still fire off a big Yawg Will or play maindeck Rest In Peace.

DDT can be played through spheres because of delve. This csnnot. The both have ups and downs but being cheapee on mana and an instant is lightyears away from this in my observation s.

Honestly, I think the presence of Narset as an auto 4-of in every blue deck makes this a very playable card. Draw spells are more broken, but when you can't draw more than one spell a turn, digging 7 deep for 2 cards for 4 mana is really the best thing you can do. FoF is the closest as a play-around to Narset, but you only dig 5 deep and often just get ONE of the best two spells in the top 5 if your opponent is at all competent in making piles. 4 mana is like a turn 2-3 play in vintage. If you could run 5 dig through times, you would. Actually...you might not because the delves cannibalize each other. This doesn't hinder multiples at all.

@thewhitedragon69 said in [M20] Drawn from Dreams:

the presence of Narset as an auto 4-of in every blue deck makes this a very playable card.

0_1561224688636_079c1739-0c47-4d96-9e73-392aa8d2552a-image.png
that's in decks that play it at all( which seems to be about 80% of decks that play DTT from a recent sample)

@thewhitedragon69 said in [M20] Drawn from Dreams:

Honestly, I think the presence of Narset as an auto 4-of in every blue deck makes this a very playable card.

Oh sweet summer child...

Views