Serious Vintage Ep. 42 - Heating Up Mystic Forge [free Wizards preview]

At this rate if they ever do get around to making Future Sight 2, it can be all reprints of cards that are variants of Future Sight.

@anonymous I don't think this works, unfortunately. Even though it's a colorless spell on the stack, the card itself needs to be either an artifact or a colorless non-land card. If it was an artifact land with morph I think it would work.

@craw_advantage said in Serious Vintage Ep. 42 - Heating Up Mystic Forge [free Wizards preview]:

@anonymous I don't think this works, unfortunately. Even though it's a colorless spell on the stack, the card itself needs to be either an artifact or a colorless non-land card. If it was an artifact land with morph I think it would work.

The podcast episode discussed why my interaction works.

@anonymous dagnabbit I knew I shoulda waited til after lunch to reply :/.

I did check with the rules manager before bringing up the morph thing because it's so immediately not apparent. Basically it just has to be a colorless spell on the stack, which morphs are.

Noted in another thread but this feels damn broken. I think beltcher/eggs shops is totally going to be a thing.

Hot take, but the Forgebots strategy is VERY good. Top-tier good.

I don't think I have the complete list figured out yet, but the combination of speed and threat density is dumb (and possibly unique, historically)

Of course, who knows what the rest of m20 will bring?

@grandpabelcher Yeah I feel better now that I've listened to it and heard everybody else be as surprised as I was.

To respond to the posted article, I just want to say that I have not played X-Men Legends, but it sounds like Forge really knows what's up.

He was deservedly smug.

Edit: Also I am in for Team Serious plays X-Men Legends.

last edited by GrandpaBelcher
    Views