[SOI] Stitchwing Skaab

• So... Dredge? I understand this is probably better on Legacy/Modern Dredge, but it is a discard outlet + creature that comes into play for Therapy and Dread Return.

alt text

*Stitchwing Skaab
    3U
    Creature - Zombie Horror
    Flying

1U, Discard two cards: Return Stitchwing Skaab from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.

Illus. Nils Hamm 3/1*

• Out of everything spoiled today, this is the card you pick for Dredge? :P

Two mana is a lot when I need to be worried about removing sideboard cards.

Free bodies are best.

alt text

• This does nothing to sidestep dredge hate, and there are other, faster options. While dredge lists are trending towards more mana sources, there are more efficient options in Vintage. In Legacy,it's not bad if you're going DDD.

• I know Prized Amalgam is a better Dredge card, but I figured the topic already existed. As I said, Skaab is probably better on Legacy and Modern. But I've seen Vintage lists up their land count too.

• TMD Supporter

That's a lot of mana and a lot of cards in hand for a deck that generally has at best one of the two.

• any card that requires mana to return to play from the yard will generally end up being worse than fatestitcher.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.