alt text

Mystic Forge
Artifact
You may look at the top card of your library at any time.
You may cast the top card of your library if it's an artifact card or a colorless nonland card.
T, Pay 1 life: Exile the top card of your library.

Alright this is just insane. Future Sight for shops with a way to remove the top?

last edited by fsecco

@anonymous that's a thread for a podcast that spoils the card. Thanks again, my anonymous admirer.

This is nuts. I think this may be better than Citadel in its own deck now. I think you can just go full on beltcher/eggs now.

4 Mystic Forge
5 Moxen
4 Mox opal
1 Mox Diamond
1 Lotus
1 Sol ring
1 Mana vault
1 Mana crypt
1 Lotus Petal
1 Lions eye diamond
4 Grim Monolith
4 Sensei's Top
1 Time Vault
4 Manifold Key
4 Foundry Inspector
4 Beltcher
4 Goblin Engineer
4 Trash for Treasure
1 Tinker
3 Mishras Bauble
4 Mishras workshop
4 Ancient Tomb
1 Academy

last edited by Protoaddict

Isn't bolas's citadel an artifact? You could pay with both!

Citadel is substantially harder to play in most shells I think. If your colorless shops then you don't have BBB, and if you are cheating it in play this card may allow other strategies because the life could be an issue.

Possibility though.

For Shops, this seems miles better than any of the 4 mana draw engines they had so far. It's basically Experimental Frenzy that doesn't stop you from playing cards in your hand.

@protoaddict said in [M20] Mystic Forge:

Citadel is substantially harder to play in most shells I think. If your colorless shops then you don't have BBB, and if you are cheating it in play this card may allow other strategies because the life could be an issue.

Possibility though.

You can use Mystic Forge card as an enabler in a citadel list. And it isn't dead the majority of the time either.

This has so much synergy with the cards already in these Shops decks. It’ll be interesting to see how it gets broken.

Do you hate it out with Grafdigger's Cage? Maybe end step Hurkyll's Recall?

Lol this card is bonkers. Unfortunately Grafdigger's Cage is hilariously bad against Dredge rigt now (although it's decent vs Dreadhorde Arcanist).

@hardy said in [M20] Mystic Forge:

Do you hate it out with Grafdigger's Cage? Maybe end step Hurkyll's Recall?

End Step Hurkylls you better hope you win the game that turn or they are just going to reslam their stuff down. If they landed this there is a very strong likelihood they hit some moxen and cost reducers along the way, to the point where this may just make classic shops stronger against recall in the first place.

Other lists running this are probably combo, so you may have to hurkylls while something is on the stack to prevent them from playing out and winning there and then.

I'm thinking counters or artifact destroy is your best bet, unless you wanna name it off meddling mage.

I'm unsure how many absurd artifacts need to get printed and for us to look at them once and go "this will be broken in shops" before people will take serious the restriction of shops. That being said even with a restricted shops (and academy) I suspect this card will get restricted.

I like it can be played in a Null Rod Stax list since the damage Rod does to it is minimal. You will can still draw 0-2 cards per turn off it. Seems way better than the Ghirapur Orrery people played.

EDIT: also combos pretty well with Paradox Engine.

last edited by fsecco

@vaughnbros Sensei’s divining top plus foundry inspector plus this lets you draw your entire deck.

The important thing here is that Wizards don't test for Vintage.

@naixin

Sphere does mess that up though.

I was discussing on one of the FB pages - this speeds up ravager shops. Having a ravager and this in play basically means your opponent always has to consider the next turns attack lethal - even if he's at 20 health. It still has the same weakness to Karn, of course, but no answer is across the field perfection.

@vaughnbros Pay 1, draw a card is still pretty hot.

However, Top is a pretty bad card to play in Shops in general since it has very little shuffle effects. You'd need to tweak the deck quite a bit to make it worthwhile.

@wagner said in [M20] Mystic Forge:

However, Top is a pretty bad card to play in Shops in general since it has very little shuffle effects. You'd need to tweak the deck quite a bit to make it worthwhile.

Well, you COULD play 4 Prismatic Vista and a few Wastes.

Views