Hi,
I play vintage again and need help to decide a deck in actual meta without full power.
Currently I can run Sapphire,ancestral,walk and library.
Years ago play Landstill but i look a change.
It’s possible play PO or DPS without full power, i see PO list from Genary with lavinias and i think it could be played with Sapphire , 3 opals, chrome, monolith/LED, vault and crypt.
What do you think? I accept suggestions.
I need a idea 4 my investments.
Thanks guys!

A snapcaster based control deck with narset and jace seems doable in mono blue, if you have tundras/ funds for a pearl check out the lavinia based fish lists.

You can do a lot with the power you have. Plenty of decks don't run the off-color moxes, I think you have lots of options. Can you describe a little more what sort of decks you enjoy playing? Maybe some decks you've liked from other formats, or some non-budget vintage decks that have caught your eye?

@ippoteam
Deathrite Shaman, Narset, Leovold, Wasteland, and Assassin’s Trophy seem to be the big cornerstones of the archetype with Collector Ouphe and Force of Vigor playing solid support roles.

I suggest using mtggoldfish to look at several lists and find one you might be able to build.

@brass-man hi sir!
I played goblins control , intuitive tendrills , landstill and psychatog for a long time.
I enjoy play storm! Look genary PO but
I’m not sure so it works without full power.
Actually only have volcanics and tundras but duals aren’t the problem.

@wfain ouphe and fov are great stapples.

@mac___tonight yeah, i have tundras but i’m thinking in mox pearl or mox ruby 😭

playing PO without full power is probably the worst of available options; chrome isn't anywhere close to a good substitute.

You can still try to build Landstill.

I actually think Landstill could be really good right now if built right.

@vaughnbros i run emrastill the last month but i think need add some narsets and teferis or add red. Have acces to fayden and pyroblast but i’m not sure.

RUG Landstill with new additions of Ouphe, Wrenn, Narset.

@ippoteam
Theres a lot on non basic lands out there, so Wasteland is really good. Having a 6+ Blue force is good right now too. Narset is really good.
A fair deck that can beat a broken deck is what I think will win this meta (like BUG did in NYSE).

last edited by John Cox

Hi, guys
I finally decided to play Dreadhorde Control with good results, I think it needs to be retouched.
Attached list and I accept suggestions.

MAIN(60)
1 Lotus Petal
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Sol Ring
2 Volcanic Island
1 Karakas
2 Island
2 Tundra
1 Strip Mine
1 Library Of Alexandria
4 Flooded strand
3 Polluted Delta
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Time Walk
2 Narset, Parter of Veils
2 Teferi ,Time Raveler
2 Jace,Vryn's Prodigy
1 Red Elemental Blast
1 Pyroblast
1 Ponder
1 Brainstorm
1 Gush
4 Preordain
1 Stony Silence
2 Dack Fayden
4 Force of Will
1 Dig Throught Time
2 Lightning Bolt
2 Swords to Plowshares
1 Monastery Mentor
1 Gitaxian Probe
3 Mental Misstep
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Daze
3 Dreadhorde Arcanist
2 Lavinia, Azorious Renegade
SIDE(15)
2 Rest in Peace
1 Flusterstorm
1 Mindbreak Trap
1 Stony Silence
1 Energy Flux
3 By Force
2 Containment Priest
2 Pithing Needle
2 Tormod's Crypt

Thinking about adding Snapcasters and+ 1 Lavinia+ 1 Fetch.
I appreciate your feedback.

Do you really want two basic islands MD? It was fine years ago vs 4golem 8sphere 4 chalice 5 wasteland brown decks but right now I would run only one. Go up in duals. 3 tundra 3 volcanic one basic 7 fetches and cut one between karakas strip or library (strip mine beeing the best utility land for the deck you are building and library really close second place, right behind strip mine) I would move the karakas to the SB or just completely cut it. I'd cut the petal aswell. Also I don't think you will need the sol ring that much. You have only one mentor to fully use Ring's mana... Maybe dtt or cruise if your yard is empty and that's it. For the rest I'd say you are good. But I don't get the 2/2 split bolt plow... You not gonna kill your opp with that bolt to the face .. maybe to kill a jace? You could with creatures aswell... and you run 6 MD and you have Reb too so idk... I'd run 4plows and that's it. Tarmos everywhere and eldrazi are bigger than bolt. If you really want to play bolt, I'd say keep one and go 3/1 plow bolt. The sb is personal I won't comment that also because I'm outdated so I can't help that much. I remember cont Priest beeing very good so I used to have 4 but looks like new dredge is resilient to her so idk. Snapy is good if you want to play him I see 2 copies MD very good. Just remember to replace rip with crypt or Rav trap

last edited by Megustalabanana

I agree to change R.I.P for R.Trap, remove Lotus Petal and Sol Ring for a pair of Snapcaster and play 3 Swords and a Bolt.
Regarding the lands, cut strip and karakas and add volcanic and tundra.
I’m not sure with teferi main.

Views