@brass-man totally agreed, and I know Jon as well!!!

The reason I like white is the addition of Lavinia. She, along with Narset and Ouphe (and Teferi and Leo), creates a really disruptive element. It also lets you play that silly Monastery Mentor card 🤷🏻♂

last edited by wfain

4x Ouphe and Force of Negation have been great for me.

What’s everyone’s take on Dryad Arbor? I see it often but is it even worth playing?

It’s $13...

I love the deck, but how important is the tabernacle on the side?

@wakkz said in BUG Control:

I love the deck, but how important is the tabernacle on the side?

It's really good since it can be a hardlock with any other hate piece against dredge. A lot of times I lead with Leyline and tutor for Tabernacle and that's pretty much game against any kind of Hollow One nonsese. But you can do without if there are budget concerns.

last edited by desolutionist

@vaughnbros

Randomly good against planeswalkers. But what do you mean flash? Isn’t GSZ a sorcery?

@desolutionist said in BUG Control:

@vaughnbros

Randomly good against planeswalkers. But what do you mean flash? Isn’t GSZ a sorcery?

I'm assuming he means fetch lands.

It has a few good uses. Flash attacker for planeswalkers, surprise blocker to throw off combat math, and it can be a good way to get rid of bridge from below out of dredge.

For its utility I would strongly consider running it, but it doesn't necessarily make the cut.

@desolutionist

If you are running GSZ, I think Arbor is almost a must so you can cast your GSZ at 1. Without Zenith, you are only getting it via fetchlands, which makes it have flash. You have to weigh that utility with the number of times it will be bad to draw.

Okay well seems Dryad Arbor is a bit “clunky” but has some things going for it. I actually didn’t know you can Fetch for it and I don’t think Green Sun Zenith for it is a good play.

Moving on, what do you guys make of the Sylvan Library?

My impression has been that it wins games. I’m curious about why only one? Is it just because it is bad in multiples?

last edited by desolutionist
    Views