alt text

Probably to dependent on what your opponent is doing but it is a lot of free mana against shops.

@protoaddict might be being hyperbolic but this card seems sufficient to get outcome restricted.

@blindtherapy How so? Card says "artifacts and enchantments your opponents control."

@horvath yes, but it's probably still a ritual or better

@blindtherapy PO bounces non-token, so you can't gain cards off the treasures...it's 1R to cast to gain maybe 3 mana? Doesn't seem great. It's a lot of mana vs a full shops board, but against a shops board with 6+ permanents, you're losing anyway if you don't have FoV/hurkylls.

This is definite SB for any deck reliant on the storm mechanic. We have to test against shops to see if it's what we've been looking for to help in that MU.

This card is neat but a red hate deck is already Null Rodding so that deck isn't playing it. A PO mirror where they have all their mana out already and you sorcery speed this thing as a red ritual (you can't bounce the treasures) isn't better than actually just casting an asymmetric hate bear like Lavinia or Kambhal.

It strikes me that this little dork is almost certainly going to generate 1 mana and 1 artifact, probably more like 2 or 3 in most matchups. Given that, does this have combo potential? That is, is there a reliable way to blink this thing while accomplishing something else worthwhile?

Another thought: since he spams out permanents, does he also have applications with Tangle Wire or Smokestack?

I'm not sold on this helping storm decks ramp into mana any better than other options. Even if your opponent has 5 artifacts (and you're not dead to PO or locked against stax/shops), that's only +3 overall mana gained, which is the same as a threshold cabal ritual.

@vindicator said in [C19] Dockside Extortionist:

I'm not sold on this helping storm decks ramp into mana any better than other options. Even if your opponent has 5 artifacts (and you're not dead to PO or locked against stax/shops), that's only +3 overall mana gained, which is the same as a threshold cabal ritual.

...That isn't hit by duress (and discard like it) flusterstorm, pierce, or effected by Thorn and Thalia. If they hit this gobo with removal, that's gravy, but not likely if he comes in from SB, since oponents are likely to side out removal game two, against most storm decks.

He can block an attacker which can sometimes mean the difference between winning and losing a game when you play storm.
Of course it has to be tested to have any kind of data to determine if it's any good or not.
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but we won't know until then.

I for one, am excited to see this goblin.

Views