0_1565135409457_918728d7-6066-435b-a08e-e3e6009525c0-image.png

Elsha of the Infinite - 2URW
Legendary Creature - Djinn Monk
Prowess
You may look at the top card of your library any time.
You may cast the top card of your library if it's a noncreature, nonland card, and you may cast it as though it had flash.
3/3

Well, seems like Wizards is really wanting to push this kind of effects. This seems pretty bonkers.

A bit easier to cast than Magus of the Future too.

last edited by fsecco

@blindtherapy Don't understand what you did. The card is right there...

I don't see it either but when I hover above your text I get a link which takes me to a page that says access denied so it seems like you're hosting the image from behind a login on another website.

@aaron-patten Weird. It's from Magic Spoiler... I'll try and fix it.

yeah, I did not see a picture so i posted the picture.
card is interesting, and if some people(brian kelly) oathed into magus of the future this might see play as an upgrade. not playing creatures is minimal usually, but is not playing lands worth prowess,flash, and cost?

@blindtherapy I think it's a definite upgrade on Magus, except for the creature type - although Monk covers Monastery Mentor too.

This has a bigger body and prowess, so it can hit hard; you don't show all your draws; you can cast stuff with flash, although that's not great with Prowess; it's easier to cast.

I don't think this has a place right now if Forge keeps dominating, but it's one of those cards I guess any blue mage should pick 1 up.

Hrm I'm still more excited by Bolas's Citadel, I think.

Citadel is one mana more expensive, but in far less annoying colors, so you're probably looking to cheat Elsha into play. You have to pay mana for the spells you chain, which is a big minus compared to Citadel, and in return Elsha is a win condition on her(?) own (assuming you want to wait a turn to remove summoning sickness, which you probably do not) and the Flash ability gives you a bit of resilience to countermagic, since you can keep casting spells in response to any of the opponent's counterplay.

@evouga are we even talking about similar decks when considering one or the other? This feels much more a control card than Citadel. Also, I disagree that Citadel is easier to cast than this. Citadel needs either Rituals or Tinker.

@fsecco said in [C19] Elsha of the Infinite:

I don't think this has a place right now if Forge keeps dominating

Honestly, what would have a place if forge keeps dominating? The deck can win turn 1 with Defense grid in play, or more often a pretty safe turn 2 if it goes off. 5 mana, 3 color creatures are not typically the answer to that.

@fsecco said in [C19] Elsha of the Infinite:

@evouga are we even talking about similar decks when considering one or the other? This feels much more a control card than Citadel. Also, I disagree that Citadel is easier to cast than this. Citadel needs either Rituals or Tinker.

That's a fair question. I think the value Elsha provides is too marginal and the hoop too high to be attractive in a control shell... I'd worry you'll quite commonly hit a glut of lands or countermagic.

Also resolving Tinker is arguably easier than casting 2URW 😉

@evouga casting Tinker is way easier, but then we get to the argument of having dead cards (Citadel) in your deck. Hitting counterspells with Elsha in a control shell is barely a problem, you play her just for the incremental CA, not to combo off. I know there has been sometime since Magus saw play, just wanted to point out we have a new, possibly better option 🙂

Views