Hello! I took your list, made a few changes, and then battled in my local proxy vintage series to a 3-2 finish out of 21 people this weekend. Had I been a little more on top of my game, 4-1 would have been easily achievable which would have put me in top 4 contention.
Here is what I brought:
3 Goblin Engineer
4 Goblin Welder
4 Hollow One
1 Lodestone Golem
1 Myr Battlesphere
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Sundering Titan
1 Wurmcoil Engine
1 Black Lotus
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Ensnaring Bridge
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mana Vault
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
2 Null Rod
1 Sol Ring
3 Tangle Wire
1 Thorn of Amethyst
2 Uba Mask
1 Karn, the Great Creator
4 Ancient Tomb
3 Bazaar of Baghdad
4 Mishra's Workshop
1 Strip Mine
1 Tolarian Academy
2 By Force
1 Ensnaring Bridge
4 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Null Rod
1 Pithing Needle
1 Sundering Titan
1 Tormod's Crypt
1 Uba Mask
2 Witchbane Orb
1 Spine of Ish Sah
Round 1 vs Survival 0-2:
G1: my mediocre hand loses to a very high power hand.
G2: I punt and lose a very winnable game that was mine to lose.
Round 2 vs Aggro Shops 2-1:
G1: made two hollow ones t1 on the play. Didn't play another turn before opp scooped.
G2: I have a mix heavy hand that gets slown down by a quick sphere draw by my opponent. Couldn't stabilize.
G3: Null rod invalidated my opponents deck. Welder turned into royal assassin.
Round 3 vs Fastbond Combo 0-2 (no dark depths):
G1: My opponent is able to go infinite on turn 2 and killed me with sunscorched desert. None of my cards came close to mattering.
G2: I was a turn away from getting watchbane orb into play, but died to a turn 3 to combo. I felt completely helpless. Opponent had contingency for the orb. Enlightened tutor for Courser of kruphix even invalidated my null rod.
Round 4 vs PO 2-0:
G1: Played a trinisphere, opponent played some land and slow Moxen. I get a wasteland lock with crucible before eventually playing a clock.
G2: T2 sundering titan. Opponent cast mystical tutor for tinker. I follow up by casting a welder. Opponent tinkers for blight steel. I don't misclick and weld the blight steel away and win.
Round 5 vs Fastbond combo 2-1 (with dark depths):
G1: I did something I felt was impressive, but lost quickly to a Marit Lage.
G2: Strangely, I win this match with a T1 Karn, trinishphere, and a wasteland lock, getting in underneath anything my opponent wanted to do.
G3: T1 pithing needle on zuran orb defined this whole match. I fail to draw a clock for a while and the game goes long and develops. I have 2 active welders for most of this, invalidating his force of vigor. Eventually I have 2 active welders, 2 summing sick welders, and an attacking wurmcoil. My opponent is able to ignore the pithing needle by playing glacial chasm use a horizon land to start drawing his deck. This forces me to swap out and back in my pithing needle to name the horizon land. He is then able to get infinite mana and life and make a 20/20 before passing the turn. I untap and draw goblin engineer. I am able to tutor up mindslaver and then slaver my opponent. On his turn he "decides" to combo off and kill himself after I weld out my pithing needle. This happened in turn 2 of extra turns. It was epic.
Notes from the event:
- Goblin engineer over preformed. It was always great, even the time or two I didn't already have a welder in play.
- Uba mask is great at combating blue decks. Combos well with Ensnaring Bridge.
- Maindeck bridge gave me outs to silly things, even if I was lucky in that I didn't need it in my particular games.
- I want the 4th null rod in the 75.
- Acting like I was not going to have karn in play almost lost me a game when my sideboard had changed to not be karn friendly.
- I never wished my engineer was a pyroblast or Daretti.
- The deck feels like a BIG underdog against Fastbond combo.
- Deck felt great against everything else I played against.
- I was certainly medium.
- Solemn Simulacrum was medium at best the 2 times I drew it. I never wanted to tutor for it and "grinding" it for advantage was never my optimal play. Will likely put the 3rd Uba mask back into the main in its place, but one event certainly isn't the best data set.
- Never had Spine of Ish Sah in play. I only wanted it to blow up fastbond, but never got the chance. Not sure if it should stay or go. It does answer random BS and you can tutor it with engineer.
I think the deck certainly has great potential and is doing powerful things. Lots of room for optimization and improvement.