The Mana Drain user changes

• Hi everybody.

As we have to re-register for the new Mana Drain we all get the chance to choose a new username if we wish.

I have chosen to intergrate this and my twitter account @VintageFamiliar so others don't get confused when trying to contact me. My old account "Shrewarmies" has been retired.

I was wondering if anyone else has chosen to change their username so we can provide a continuity of style/personality despite the changes.

• thecravenone has been the base for my usernames for years now but I didn't always use it. I was crav on TMD and thecrav on MTG: The Source

• TMD Supporter

I (obviously) threw internet privacy to the wind and went all in on real name. I remember how in the old days, talking about TMD was a nice ice-breaker when playing new people. I figured it might be easier to break the ice with a real name, versus a unique userID, and then a different MTGO alias, etc.

That said, if someone can now stalk me because they hate my belief that creatures shouldn't be restricted, then obviously it was a mistake :)

• TMD Supporter

Going from my old handle, Space_Stormy, to just being my name. Much easier and better for streaming and such.

• used to be inkmothnexus, now this.

• TMD Supporter

Used to be merfolkotpt now this, because I switched over to my name on some other boards!

• Switched from Random Noob to this . Got bored of the old MWS joke.

• Changed from Cthulhu1975 to Cthulhu since my favorite nick Cthulhu was once again available :-)

• Switched from Tito del Monte (an aged student moniker) to sodoyouwearacape - name of my book and also my MTGO name. Always glad to clash with people from these boards on Modo and it's definitely handy when people's TMD and MTGO handles match! :)

Look forward to the new direction here, though still feeling my way round. Thank to Andy for all his hard work.

• I kept it as it was, because that is what I am known as on The Source too.

• Switched from Corvel to No_Outs. That way I figured it'd be easier for everyone to know who I was on mtgo, since I'm usually posting about player run events anyway.

• Administrators

My new user name is "Brass Man". Before it was " theBrassMan". That is all.

• I changed from Zherbus to Zherbus. :)

• @Zherbus This was your chance to help people spell your username!

• The primer on how to spell my name was lost ages ago. TMD has been re-created multiple times now and it got lost over a decade ago, sadly. Even still, I don't think the humor would be quite at home in 2016 where in ages ago every thread had someone calling me Zherberus or Zerbits, LOL.

• @Zherbus said:

The primer on how to spell my name was lost ages ago. TMD has been re-created multiple times now and it got lost over a decade ago, sadly. Even still, I don't think the humor would be quite at home in 2016 where in ages ago every thread had someone calling me Zherberus or Zerbits, LOL.

Zergbus

• Administrators

Never fear @Zherbus : https://web.archive.org/web/20020806160954/http://www.themanadrain.com/

Due to a common inability to spell my name, I figured I would write a primer for it.

Spelling my Online Name
    by Steve 'Zherbus' O'Connell

Introduction: The letters that make up my name.

The name is spelled with a lone 'Z' followed closely by a mixture of 'H', 'E', 'R', 'B', 'U', and finally, 'S'.

General playing strategy:

One tip I can give you is this: no letters ever repeat themselves.

Conclusion:

This should be the order in which you spell it. Z-H-E-R-B-U-S. Commit this to memory. Good luck!
    Posted by: Zherbus on 07/23/02

• kept the same name as my old mana drain handle! :)

• I'm either Minnifer or Minniehajj on almost every internet forum. Real name is Minhajul Hoq, if anyone cares =P.

• @Brass-Man said:

Never fear @Zherbus : https://web.archive.org/web/20020806160954/http://www.themanadrain.com/

Due to a common inability to spell my name, I figured I would write a primer for it.

Spelling my Online Name
    by Steve 'Zherbus' O'Connell

Introduction: The letters that make up my name.

The name is spelled with a lone 'Z' followed closely by a mixture of 'H', 'E', 'R', 'B', 'U', and finally, 'S'.

General playing strategy:

One tip I can give you is this: no letters ever repeat themselves.

Conclusion:

This should be the order in which you spell it. Z-H-E-R-B-U-S. Commit this to memory. Good luck!
    Posted by: Zherbus on 07/23/02

That was the shittiest primer ever written.

• i'm the same on the new site as i was on the old site as i am everywhere—and i got my handle from a 9th grade science test answer when i couldn't remember any specific mother-daughter pairs for radioactivity…

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.