0_1568262730390_06c32721-ffac-43b6-ac3d-873fa0c4c887-image.png
well, this seems interesting. 4 mana is a lot, but so is 4 cards.

I like it, but it's true that It has a feeling like Fact or Fiction, a card that it's not played at all, even if Narset doesn't affect It. I
don't know if it's better or worse

This really depends on the meta game. If I am playing a bunch of Leyline of the Voids and Tormod's Crypts to keep my opponents in check then this is really bad.

On the other hand, if Mana Drain is ever good again then this card is awesome.

last edited by moorebrother1

@BlindTherapy: Who wants to discuss a situational four mana draw four?
Paradoxical Outcome has entered chat.

@nsammael said in [ELD] Into the Story:

I like it, but it's true that It has a feeling like Fact or Fiction, a card that it's not played at all, even if Narset doesn't affect It. I
don't know if it's better or worse

This definitely seems worse than FoF to me in the current format, even if it just cost 2UU all the time.

I wanna go ahead and say this feels worse by a large measure than most of the other draw effects it may be in contention with including DDT, FOF, Treasure Cruise, Gush, Windfall, Timetwitster, Wheel of fortune, that Chandra spell that exiles the top 3 for you to play that turn, original jace, JTMS, Narset....

0_1568385524013_a132203c-7ffc-4730-ae52-0a96b959a3b0-image.png
not making a new thread for this because it is the same mechanic and talking about when the card is viable is a pretty similar discussion.

@blindtherapy hah I just made one. They are very different cards, not only in conditionality to work but in that the have different roles and different equivalents in the game. Gargoyle is fringe imo, but way more interesting than Into the Story.

Yea I cannot use into the story to stop topdeck tutors.

I don't see either making an impact personally. I could imagine Gargoyle being fringe if only because its huge and cheap blocker that White might have issues getting through with dorks, but that does not seem to be the type of magic this format is known for.

@protoaddict Goyf is being played a lot because it hurts Shops. Anyway, go to the topic to discuss it. My point was only that it's different from Into the Story because not only it's not a blank while the condition isn't met, but that it has few similar cards to it while Into the Story has a lot, and better ones. Doesn't mean Goyle is playable though.

Views