Ovino Tournament dropping his Vintage event, please help

• TO of Ovino (a staple among the European tournaments) said that come the XI edition this September he's going to relegate Vintage to a side event on saturday concurrent with Legacy main event.

If you're an European Vintage player, please voice your concern to have him revert on his decision.
    Official site - Facebook page - Italian Vintage forum

Brief explanation
    In 2015 TO started running a second somewhat smaller event called Ovino Spring. Vintage in the 2016 edition of this one had an attendance even lower than Old School due to being placed on an unconvenient day and other events in the same period.

Expanding on the state of Vintage in Europe would probably require an entire post on his own, I just wanted to ask some help from fellow players of the same continent that are about to lose one of the majors.

Also this is my first post where I'd like to express my thanks for all the insight I got from TMD and his members.

• Writing to stinfo ASAP - thanks for noticing. I also didn't play in the Vintage last year because of the unfortunate timing. It was really set up badly, a friend of mine who played even had to drop in the top8 because we had to leave to get our ride home ...

• So it has been announced, despite being still called a "Main Event", Vintage has been demoted to Saturday concurrent with Legacy.
    The historical and obviously more convenient Sunday slot is going to Old School, good for that vendor promoted format I guess.

• @Log said:

So it has been announced, despite being still called a "Main Event", Vintage has been demoted to Saturday concurrent with Legacy.
    The historical and obviously more convenient Sunday slot is going to Oldschool, good for that vendor promoted format I guess.

I don't understand the logic here at all. Old School has more crossover appeal to players of Vintage, and little Old School crossover appeal with Legacy players. There is also much overlap between players who play Vintage and Legacy, who would want to play both. So it would make sense to schedule Old School as a side event on Saturday (running concurrently with Legacy), and then playing Vintage on Sunday. This would allow Old School or Vintage players to play both days either way.

• What you guys don't know is that the location is really really limited regarding seats for players. It is very common that during the Legacy event, no other big event can be hosted as most of the space is blocked.

So it might be possible that the reasoning behind this is that they would find place for ~20 Vintage players, but not for 60+ Oldschool players.

Will talk to Stinfo (the organizer) soon, maybe there is another reason for this decision that I'm not aware of.

@vendor promotion: Oldschool is celebrated like crazy in Italy. This has nothing to do with the vendors, the player base is just exploding. Also they allow Revised at Ovino. Just saying.

• As explained in the opening post the primary reason is Vintage having gathered less players than Old School at the past Spring edition of Ovino, where it already had the unfavourable collocation of the two, there is more, but there is no point in discussing it here.

In Italy Old School is mainly promoted by vendors (you don't say) also we already had something similar (Vero Magic) going on before. Add the fact that if the only thing that you hear about Vintage here is that no one is playing it anymore, you'll end up really believing and saying it yourself and so on.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.