Thought Scour/Dredge reveal question

I'm curious on exactly how Though Scour/Dredge works regarding showing the cards you put from your library in your graveyard. I'd like to know if you have to reveal the order those cards were on top of your library before putting them in your graveyard in the order of your choice.

Thought Scour: Target player puts the top two cards of their library into their graveyard.
Dredge (If you would draw a card, instead you may put exactly five cards from the top of your library into your graveyard.

Rule 404.3 states "If an effect or rule puts two or more cards into the same graveyard at the same time, the owner of those cards may arrange them in any order."

last edited by Wagner

in practice you do, but I'm not sure it matters

It could matter if you Scry to the top starting the game and the opponent Thought Scours you and want to know which card you wanted to keep. Same with any top-deck tutor.

last edited by Wagner

@wagner there is no scrying to the top at the start of the game, but scrying does still exist, sure. 95% of the time when you vamp for a card and your opponent thought scours you it will be obvious which one you tutored for; mystical of course shows them. I'm interested in knowing the actual answer; from my memory dredging on mtgo they don't see the cards until you pick the order.

@wagner said in Thought Scour/Dredge reveal question:

I'd like to know if you have to reveal the order those cards were on top of your library before putting them in your graveyard in the order of your choice.

In accordance with the rule you mention, you don't need to reveal the order of the cards on the top of your library when you mill yourself or dredge.

I notice that some opponents get annoyed when I dredge X by drawing X cards and rearranging them before putting them onto the graveyard, but these are the rules. Dura lex, sed lex 😉

@blindtherapy Derp, still getting used to the London Mulligan it seems. Still, question remains for any top of the deck effect, could be Sensei's Top or a few other things.

Views