Remember when WotC was so scared of Regrowth effects that they added exile clauses to all of them?

Stitcher's supplier + Phyrexian Altar + Jace, Wielder of Mysteries was the combo I was looking at.

You cast the supplier, Altar, Breach. Supplier and Altar let you self mill your whole deck for the cost of half of it. Then you cast Jace off LED or Lotus or just many moxen, and use his ability and win on the spot.

Doesn't the brain freeze plus lions eye diamond / lotus kill just require less space and less bad cards?

All you have to do is jam a single brain freeze and then several underworld breaches in your deck it seems like you have a reasonable battle plan of being able to mail your opponent out at any given time. You're running lotus anyway. you could go all in on the combo by running more freezes and more Lions eyes but I'm not even sure that's necessary

last edited by MaximumCDawg

@maximumcdawg said in [TBD] Underworld Breach:

and more Lions eyes

You'll find this very hard in Vintage.

Both of these strategies are complimentary to each other, can literally be in the same deck.

Out of everything I have seen so far this card already jumps out at me as the"#1 future restricted list recipient award" of this set.

I just figured out what breaks this: Frantic Search. You're welcome.

That's a strong interaction, as it basically reduces the Escape cost to 1 so you get to go looting through your deck as many times as you had cards in your yard. But - where does that end up getting you? Whats' the payoff? Your yard ends up empty so you're not going to Yawgwill anything. You need to have Tendrils in hand or available when you do this. It seems like you're converting cards in your yard into storm, which isn't bad but isn't something that storm decks have trouble doing already. On the other hand, Search is a better card overall than Freeze, so that's nice.

Whats your analysis on this?

@maximumcdawg it digs your deck for whatever you're missing for 0 mana and upping storm. It can even generate mana on the process if you have or find anything to help it (Baral, Pyromancer's Ascension, etc).

@fsecco said in [TBD] Underworld Breach:

I just figured out what breaks this: Frantic Search. You're welcome.

Does it actually fuel you more than wheel effects with a critical mass of mana producers? A Wheel of fortune that draws you 7 cards, 3 of which are moxen to recast wheel could actually self mill you more.

Considering all these pieces are pretty well restricted however, there is probably room for all of them.

Echo of Eons for when you need a refill?

I didn't mention Academy or Wheel on purpose because they're restricted so not that reliable.

@serracollector I like the way you're thinking here. Hitting Eons while you're busy going off with Frantic Search seems like big money.

What's better, though:

1. Using Brain Freeze so your engine is also your kill; or
  2. Using Frantic Search so your engine is not a terrible card all by itself?

ancient tomb/city of traitors are perhaps more reliable than hitting the academy if repeatedly casting frantic search is a plan.
Eons seems a bit of a problem with breach just because it clears the yard, but unlike the old will/twister interaction being able to refill the yard and keep going might make up for that.

I meant Echo more as the final key when your down to stuff you don't want to exile, or, if for some reason it stalls out. I wouldn't run more than 2. Wheel and Windfall, even tinker Jar/Bot as alternt win con are still viable. A one of Bazaar of Baghdad might even be good with Frantic Searches, Echo, and this new card. Essentially exiling your deck down to the perfect X cards then Echo, or just brain freeze as mentioned before.

This card is absolutely ridiculous, and somehow, an even better topdeck than Yawgmoth's Will at winning the grindy endgame. Even forgetting about all the combos, it's hard to imagine losing after casting this and 2-3 copies of whatever Time Walk or Ancestral Recall happens to be sitting in your graveyard.

last edited by evouga

So I have been playing with this card in Legacy and Vintage decks since it was spoiled. It is BONKERS! I have tried a bunch of different builds but this one is by far my favorite, though PO is fun as well.

Artifacts (22)
1 Black Lotus
1 Bolas's Citadel
2 Defense Grid
1 Lion's Eye Diamond
1 Lotus Petal
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mana Vault
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
3 Mox Opal
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
2 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Sol Ring
1 Time Vault
2 Voltaic Key

Sorceries (15)
1 Demonic Tutor
4 Duress
1 Gitaxian Probe
1 Merchant Scroll
1 Mind's Desire
1 Ponder
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Time Walk
1 Tinker
1 Wheel of Fortune
1 Windfall
1 Yawgmoth's Will

Lands (12)
1 Badlands
2 Bloodstained Mire
1 Island
2 Polluted Delta
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Swamp
1 Tolarian Academy
2 Underground Sea
1 Volcanic Island

Instants (7)
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Brain Freeze
1 Brainstorm
1 Entomb
1 Frantic Search
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor

Planeswalkers (1)
1 Narset, Parter of Veils

Enchantments (3)
3 Underworld Breach

There are so many ways to get through and win. I have a very strong feeling that this card gets restricted quickly.

Quest'?
Suspend cards like ancestral vision?

last edited by babau

@babau said in [TBD] Underworld Breach:

Suspend cards like ancestral vision?

Pretty sure these won't work.

Views