Memory 's journey flashback
on top
Unearth
Draw step
sacrificie druid flashback Cabal
Play unearth for thassa o.

Playable?

last edited by babau

With this card, it seems to be easier to figure out doomsday stacks. The lab man stack requires you to cast lab man, then draw into 0 card library. With this you can easily cast and win with 2 cards in library. Doomsday may actually be playable.

Ancestral recall
Black lotus
Thassa
x
x

last edited by covetousrat

Much better than Lab Maniac and that was playable.

cough demonic consultation cough

Hermit + narco + dread.r.+ thassa o.

@rbartlet

Consult on a stick, Divining Witch, is also a Wizard so you can play a 1-card combo that is uncounterable with Cavern of Souls. The biggest issue of getting blown out by random removal spell is gone by playing this card instead of Maniac.

@vaughnbros notably, this card and divining witch cannot be cast off the same cavern, unlike labman

I love how in basically every other format this is worse than Augur of Bolas.

@blindtherapy
I think the better 1 card combo with this is Hermit Druid, despite not having cavern you get therapy.

last edited by John Cox

@protoaddict I was thinking it could replace lab maniac in the modern neoform deck but i actually think due to the way that deck works, which is drawing the last cards with grizelbrand, it actually can't. hmm. i think this will exist as a fringe legacy/modern card to a similar degree as labman, unless there's some way to turn it on that im missing.

Regarding Doomsday, this card really changes the math of doomsday stacks - I like the Laboratory Maniac more because you don't have to play laboratory maniac as the last card in your game, so you could cast it earlier and still win. I have actually won games by casting Laboratory Maniac, then using Time Walk to fuel the Doomsday stack.

This card drastically changes the math to Doomsday, so there's a lot of analysis to determine if this card is better than Laboratory Maniac.

This card is better than Lab Man, but Doomsday really just wants 4 Gush.

@desolutionist said in Tassa's oracle:

This literally will never happen again, and rightfully so.

@13nova said in Tassa's oracle:

This literally will never happen again, and rightfully so.

Do you two think that doomsday will ever be a contender again without 4 gush?

last edited by John Cox

Removal proofing is big for Doomsday as well. You don’t need to stack your pile to answer Swords and other removal.

Stifle/trickbind will become the new removal spell of choice - and it's blue. We're in for some rough times.

@thewhitedragon69 those are pretty bad removal spells for anything other than this. most people don't build their 75 to beat doomsday

Yeah, why rely on Stifle and friends when you can use your existing counterspell suite to stop the Doomsday itself?

@maximumcdawg Because letting them resolve doomsday and trickbinding the oracle makes them lose the game instead of finding another doomsday and trying to combo again.

But nobody will play trickbind, so...

A few years ago there were people doing unpowered U/R delver at eternal weekend for the budget prize. theres an unpowered Doomsday pile now with this card.

--Top--
Gush
careful study
oracle
Lotus petal
unearth
--Win--

Total cost is one blue and requires 2 islands. Think this is neat and hermit druid is still better.

Views