Vintage 101: Back in a Flash

A thought on the challenge review. You seem to pick always the same decks more or less.
While it makes sense, when the tops don't differ from one another, it would be interesting to highlight the unusual among those, like the Painter deck this week, or the Breach Oath deck, when it first appeared.
I think these lists would be much more interesting to look at instead of the standardized lists that change one or two cards at most every week.
Anyway, thanks for managing a vintage column!

@grizzly said in Vintage 101: Back in a Flash:

A thought on the challenge review. You seem to pick always the same decks more or less.
While it makes sense, when the tops don't differ from one another, it would be interesting to highlight the unusual among those, like the Painter deck this week, or the Breach Oath deck, when it first appeared.
I think these lists would be much more interesting to look at instead of the standardized lists that change one or two cards at most every week.
Anyway, thanks for managing a vintage column!

Actually, I really like seeing the top lists. As I actually play very little, it helps cement the ideas and choices that are succesful. In addition, someone who is new to vintage can just open the latest acticle and see the recent lists, instead of having to do more research themselves. I think there is value in having such a resource available and updated regularly.

@grizzly I mean, I am always trying to show off those decks that are interesting as I come across them and whatever happens that week. The Challenge results do however, tend to be focused on what is doing well since the goal there is to help people understand where the metagame is at.

Yeah understand that, but it's not like you should not showcase the other lists, or even just that exotic one.
You go even further and present a list that didn't make the top8. This is super nice aswell, but there's literally no downside in including the Painter list.

Views