Friends and I have been testing mono red gob list. Basically an aggro list with red blast and null rod for disruption.

Snoop is a great value engine, and theres minimal deckspace requirement to run a copy of kiki and mogg fanatic.

We do not run ringleader or matron, both engines are too slow for vintage we've determined.

@tittliewinks22 said in Conspicuous Snoop:

Friends and I have been testing mono red gob list. Basically an aggro list with red blast and null rod for disruption.

Snoop is a great value engine, and theres minimal deckspace requirement to run a copy of kiki and mogg fanatic.

We do not run ringleader or matron, both engines are too slow for vintage we've determined.

Yes, I've also been testing a mono-red goblins list. I do run 1-of Ringleader and Matron, just because I like the flexibility. But they are a bit slower. I'm also running 4x Blood Moon as disruption, because if it hits the battlefield, it's exceptional.

What ramp are you running. I imagine:
1 lotus
1 mox ruby
1 led
0-1 lotus petal
X Simian spirit guide

Or is it even nessasary?

@protoaddict
Currently I'm testing:
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Ruby
1 LED
1 Lotus Petal
4 Simian Spirit Guide
3 Ancient Tomb

The combo of ancient tomb + SSG help to power a turn 1 Blood Moon if needed (since I'm running no off-color moxen.)

Is Simian Spirit Guide better than Chrome Mox if you want to give up a card for fast mana?

@ajfirecracker

Blood moon decks usually would want Null Rod as well as the late game 2/2 and the guaranteed red that SSG provides. But it depends entirely on the build.

It's an interesting list. Moon/Rod has been utterly unplayable because of force of vigor. But having just a mind numbing aggro backup may be enough.

So far I've had success testing a deck using the Recruiter pile of Conspicuous Snoop + Torch Courier + Kiki Jiki, closing by copying Recruiter again to put Mogg Fanatic on top. Combined with rainbow lands and a high density of 1 cmc tutors (Worldly, Sylvan, Vampiric, Imperial Seal) the deck has consistently (90%+) gone off by turn 4, more often by turn 3 or 2. Given the combo is so tight, the rest of the deck is just dedicated to tutors, rainbow lands, the best blue cards, and force of wills. I certainly wouldn't try to build this as a goblins deck, you just build it as a combo deck with blue cards like Pdoxical or Oath, except your combo is "resolve Goblin Recruiter."

Would you consider making it a cavern deck? I also think that with combo decks, it is often better to run something like thoughtseize over force of will.

Views