Vintage 101: The Leader of the Goblins

I love that goblins is a Vintage deck. That Turbo Lands deck was cool too!
Thanks

last edited by John Cox

Why the split between SSG/Chrome Mox and no lotus petal I wonder? Also being able to play off the top means this is technically a deck that could play LED to great effect, though I can understand passing on something with that much risk involved.

@protoaddict Lotus Petal is worse than Simian Spirit Guides in this deck (for many reasons). Chrome Mox is bad in multiples as this deck doesn't generate card advantage outside of Scoop, but the first Chrome mox is generally better than the first SSG.

@chubbyrain1 said in Vintage 101: The Leader of the Goblins:

@protoaddict Lotus Petal is worse than Simian Spirit Guides in this deck (for many reasons). Chrome Mox is bad in multiples as this deck doesn't generate card advantage outside of Scoop, but the first Chrome mox is generally better than the first SSG.

I may put this together in paper for when the pandemic breaks as I really do like playing decks that work without that much power/blue, but a large part of me wants to see it to believe it. I can understand no petal over SSG, as SSG is generally better in decks that can run it, but I am flummoxed over the Moxen. If anything I think I would have wanted a split like 3 SSG / 2 Chrome Mox or even a 4/1.

I also think LED makes sense in this list since you can play off the top or use it in response to Matron. Defense Grid feels like a sideboard piece I would want to consider as well but that may be meta specific.

I've seen this deck piloted (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ZxEJjHHG0), you really don't want LED. The deck has almost no way to draw it to the top of the deck.

last edited by John Cox
    Views