Jeweled Lotus on Ebay for $100,000 and $88,000. Please spread this as a scam before someone gets hurt.

Ebay $100,000 Jeweled Lotus

Ebay $88,000 Jeweled Lotus

You know the price difference between Black Lotus and Jeweled Lotus. An unlimited Black Lotus is on Starcitygames for $18,000. A foil Jeweled Lotus is on Starcitygames for $100. This seller on ebay "dozal" is asking $100,000 and $88,000 for a Jeweled Lotus. You know the difference but someone else may not. Please spread this scam before someone gets hurt.

I think this is supposed to be a joke/meme.

@john-cox said in Jeweled Lotus on Ebay for $100,000 and $88,000. Please spread this as a scam before someone gets hurt.:

I think this is supposed to be a joke/meme.

I think the seller is serious about trying to sell these Jeweled Lotus'.

In their comments in ebay the seller "dozal" is arguing that Jeweled Lotus is rare like Black Lotus so you should pay the Seller Black Lotus Prices for the Jeweled Lotus. Also in the Seller's comments they are clearly stating conditions that when sold, they will make it hard for you to get your money back. The following is a cut & paste from "dozal" post:

THERE'S NO GO BACK NOW
ABANDON ALL YOUR PREJUDICES AND PRECONCEIVED NOTIONS
FOR SALE IS A:
Magic the Gathering: Commander Legends 2020
REGULAR FINISH
JEWELED LOTUS
CONDITION: USED; AS PICTURED CONDITION
NO PSA / NO BGS grades guarantees or estimates will be given
will ship using Signature mail and I'll only mail in a Box with a top loader and sleeve...
I ONLY USE USPS PRIORITY MAIL
What you see in the Listing is exactly what you'll receive
This exact card was pulled by myself...from a 15 card draft booster pack on 1/16/2021...
I purchased 2 x 20 card draft Booster packs and I got this card as of 2 hours within making this listing
People are opening 2 x Collectors boxes and 2 x Draft Booster Boxes and not finding These cards...
CRAZY!!! Theres literally 1993 numbers of lotus' on the market
I even put holographic tape on this... its official now LOL

I looked at the listings. They both are worded similarly and sound humorous to me. Not like a serious listing.

@john-cox said in Jeweled Lotus on Ebay for $100,000 and $88,000. Please spread this as a scam before someone gets hurt.:

I looked at the listings. They both are worded similarly and sound humorous to me. Not like a serious listing.

I think selling Jeweled Lotus’ at this price is a joke too in a sense that it is so ridiculous it is funny but I think the seller “dozal” is serious. Here are some reasons why I think it is not a joke:

1. ebay is not a platform for telling/sharing jokes on the internet. Social media platforms are used such as Facebook, Twitter, tiktok, youtube etc. Also when people tell a joke, they want to hear/read other people’s reaction to them. I don’t know how someone gets feedback from other people about their joke on ebay.

2. The seller “dozal” is spending money to sell their items. I don’t see why someone would want to spend money to tell such a bad joke when they can do it for free.

3. The seller “dozal” is now selling four Jeweled Lotus’ at $100,000, one at $88,000, another second at $88,000 and a third at $88,000. When describing the four items they are selling, “dozal” uses three descriptions that are almost the same and one of the descriptions is used twice, word for word. I don’t see what someone would tell the same joke four times, accept for when one of my nieces/nephews were four and when they told a joke, everyone laughed. And when my niece/nephew found they had a positive reaction to their joke they would tell it again and then someone would say it is only funny once. My four year old niece/nephew would not go on telling the same joke a third and fourth time. I don’t think the seller “dozal” four and thinks it is funny telling the same joke four times.

4. The seller “dozal” is listed as a top-rated-seller, with 1959 completed transactions and a 99.7% positive feedback rating. I don’t think people would want to use their business to tell jokes when it can hurt their source of income. You know that money stuff people need to buy food and shelter for survival.

I think this is a serious situation. There are right now, at every second, millions of bad people are thinking of ways to scam decent people out of their money. It is easy money for people who do not care and laugh at people when they are taken advantage of.

I hate to say it, but I kind of feel like if you are spending $100,000 on something without even the most basic understanding of it.....well you kinda deserve it.

Won’t someone think of the rich?

@joshuabrooks said in Jeweled Lotus on Ebay for $100,000 and $88,000. Please spread this as a scam before someone gets hurt.:

I hate to say it, but I kind of feel like if you are spending $100,000 on something without even the most basic understanding of it.....well you kinda deserve it.

@joshuabrooks I agree with you that people have to learn lessons. Maybe learning a lesson by losing $100,000 is a bit much? What bothers me most though is that the scammer would win with $100,000 in their pocket. What kind of lesson does the scammer learn? They would learn that they can get rich easily by taking advantage of people. Then other bad people will see what the scammer has done and then you have more people doing scams. And then it cascades from there, repeating this same process over and over, creating thousands of scams. Lets stop it now while we still can.

Update: Ebay vendor "dozal" is now listed five Jeweled Lotus' at an outrageous price linked below:

$100,000 $90,000 $88,000 $88,000 $88,000

@joshuabrooks I agree with you that people have to learn lessons. Maybe learning a lesson by losing $100,000 is a bit much? What bothers me most though is that the scammer would win with $100,000 in their pocket. What kind of lesson does the scammer learn? They would learn that they can get rich easily by taking advantage of people. Then other bad people will see what the scammer has done and then you have more people doing scams. And then it cascades from there, repeating this same process over and over, creating thousands of scams. Lets stop it now while we still can.

This is the argument I find most compelling.

Views