what about Sprite Dragon and Dorat the Perfect Pet? Couldn’t they do something like that?

We’re all a bunch of old farts that talk game but don’t actually play or purchase cards. It’s not like our opinions weighed on Wizards’ bottom line.

My only request is that the One Ring is so powerful and format breaking it starts on the restricted list.

Legendary Artifact - Equipment
Indestructible

Equipped creature gains unblockable and shroud.

At the end of each turn, if creature is not a zombie, put a +1/-1 counter on creature.

If creature dies while equipped and it is not a zombie then return as zombie and equip.

Whenever equipped creature deals damage to an opponent gain control of an artifact they control.

last edited by vaughnbros

@vaughnbros depending on the cost and the equip cost, this probably isn't even playable

@blindtherapy

0 to play and 0 to equip is the only acceptable cost for the one Ring. From a lore perspective a random hobbit can use it so that is where the cost needs to be.

What other buffs does it need?

It needs to be templated to combo with Hobbits, which should all have an ability to negate negative status effects.

last edited by vaughnbros

@vaughnbros said in Magic Universes Beyond:

From a lore perspective a random hobbit can use it so that is where the cost needs to be.

a random hobbit can use a magic dagger, and those can cost up to 3 to play and 3 to equip.

@vaughnbros I mean, thematically the ring feels like it would just give you hexproof and unblockable, so kinda a variant on lightning greaves. Maybe if you make it insanely cheap but have it give like a -1/-1 counter every turn it could balance out?

Maybe poison counters could represent Sauron's corruption. The palintir could be like "Get a poison counter: Scry 2".

Maybe different punishments depending on what color creature equips it?

@blindtherapy

They trained quite a bit to use the daggers, and obtained them during the quest.

@ok-boomer said in Magic Universes Beyond:

We’re all a bunch of old farts that talk game but don’t actually play or purchase cards. It’s not like our opinions weighed on Wizards’ bottom line.

I have a big list of cards that I'd love to give WotC money for but they won't let me 😕

Views