some theorycrafting of mine, what do you think?

Maindeck:
4 Bazaar of Baghdad
4 Serum Powder
4 Once Upon a Time
4 Petrified Field
1 Strip Mine
4 Wasteland
4 Ghost Quarter
1 Golgari Grave-Troll
4 Life from the Loam
1 Chalice of the Void
4 Force of Will
4 Force of Negation
1 Mental Misstep
4 Mindbreak Trap
1 Gitaxian Probe
4 Bridge from Below
4 Stinkweed Imp
3 Golgari Thug
4 Ichorid

Sideboard:
4 Dark Depths
4 Thespian's Stage
3 Riftstone Portal
4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Black and blue packages are each approximately 15 cards, can easily swap into lands+counters (vs most stuff with hate) or lands+dredge (vs Shops for example)

I assume the strategy is to max land destruction strategy.

Bloodghast is probably your best card with the extremely high land count and Loams. It’ll recur every turn.

Riftstones should find a way into the main deck. So that you can play Loam in game 1.

I’d probably cut the Blue entirely. Your count is only at 14 and you don’t seem to want Narc. Not have you chosen to play Amalgam. For disruption you can add Unmasks, Force of Vigor that fit the game plan of destroying your opponent’s mana base. You have the black count and can get the green count easily (already have Once upon a time and Loam). Particular smashing two Moxen with Vigor or taking 1 with Unmask can be crippling when followed up with multiple Strip effects.

Bridge is underwhelming. I understand it combos with Ichorid, but that’s it. There should be a better option to give the deck more recursive power. I’m just not sure what that card is. You do have access to mana.

Sideboard, I would strongly consider Null Rods. With your land destruction it’s a legitimate lockout plan. They also turn off Tormod’s, Ballista and other pesky artifacts.

In terms of matchups, the Mirror Match is probably going to be bad. Any other deck that can deploy threats fast may also be bad. I would look at some way to get bigger threats on the table from the GY. Dread Return may need to space in here (with Griselbrand or something else independently good?) to close out games.

I like Ichorid before Bloodghast for the unconditional haste and Bridge triggers. What would you cut for Bloodghast?

This should be a bit slower than a mainstream Dredge list, but with all the Strip Mine effects it should be a fine matchup.

Rather than Bridge from Below, I considered Hogaak, Cabal Therapy, and Bloodghast. I consider Ichorid+Bridge to be the best 8-card graveyard payload, but I'm open to alternatives.

Hogaak and Ghast are going to do better against opponents with creatures since you can trade freely and block. I think Ichorid is fine just by itself and doesn’t really need Bridge. I guess you could go combo off Bridge with Hogaak though that seems like it would give you strong closing speed.

I’d definitely cut the blue as the count problem is restrictive, after 4 Vigor and 4 Unmask, you are left with 6 other slots to work with if I added correctly.

In the mana base, I’d think about trimming the weaker 4-ofs to fit at least 1 Portal and maybe a Dryad arbor to cast Loam.

It's not exactly the same, but this reminds me of kannister's latest take on dredge. Built to be very resilient vs hate, especially things like surgical, tabernacle, and wasteland. Link

last edited by notmi
    Views