alt text

[
W
Creature- Human Wizard
Magecraft - Whenever you cast or copy an insant or sorcery spell, Clever Lumimancer gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
0/1
]

This seems incredibly pushed. Just 1 white mana to get your win condition on the battlefield.
Since this doesn't trigger on Artifacts or Enchantements the ability seems not on Prowess level quite, however it does trigger on copied spells, which means this is quite insane with any storm card.

I think this card is immensely pushed and could see play in pretty much all formats.

Can anyone tell me what green cards PO plays other than the hydra. I found some lists with oko and veil of summer but they look very suspicious to me.

last edited by Botvinik

@botvinik

I think the motivation for green would probably be Oko

The card is very pushed but

• still loses to most removal in the format (abrupt decay notably)
  • Does not have haste ala swiftspear or any sort of protection ala boggles or evasion
  • A lot of the situations where you win with it are going to be when you didn't need it because you just won off tendrils or something.

I like the boggles comparison the most though. Both need a turn to get going, both can swing in potentially turn 2 and win the game, but boggles has built in protections where as this is going to get removed and/or chumped. Boggles may need semi specific cards but I can engineer a lot of scenarios where it needs far fewer cards to resolve to take the game and many of them help get the damage though in the first place.

Honestly I don't think this would be good even if it was triggered by artifacts. It's a "cheap" Tendrils, but has no evasion at all and if you don't feed it every turn it's useless so it's no even like a Delver, where you can sneak it turn 1 and ride it to victory just playing permission. Seems very, very bad.
I really think this is close in power level to Swiftspear, and probably worse than it.

i'd just like to point out that this does fun things with flusterstorm
also with ground rift
like nivmagus elemental, but not as counters, but the spells still resolve

I think in a format like Modern this may make boros blitz a thing, but not here.

4 Steppe Lynx
4 Goblin Guide
4 Clever Lumimancer
4 Goblin Bushwacker
4 Swiftspear

4 Lightning bolt
4 Boros Charm
4 Lava dart
4 Searing Blaze
4 Skewer the Critics

12 Fetches
4 shocks