JJ's Vintage Cube (not sure if this should go here)

• http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/55208

Hey guys, here's my vintage cube. I'm finding that it's heavy blue. This cube unlike the mtgo cube or most other vintage cubes i've played on cockatrice is focused around the vintage metagame so most of the cards have come from vintage tournament reports. People who draft cubes dont get this. Whether or not that makes a worse cube is up for debate however this cube is full of broken and 2 card combos. Games, much like in vintage, can end turn 1 or go to turn 100.

Additionally I splashed some other strageties in the deck which might be taking away from the power level of those colors, namely the entire replenish/enchantress strategy.

Chaos Orb. I really want to play chaos orb in my cube and you can read my thoughts on it there. I really like the idea of an untargetable colorless vindicate that hits one permanent.

The cube is also technically built for players to draft 4 packs and not 3 during a draft. I dont like the idea of not drafting all of the cards in a cube because people might build strategies on one card.

Cards I want to add: Voltaic Construct - combos with monoliths, metalworker, vault, and a few others.

Ideally I would like as much cross pollination and synergy as possible.

Strageties that could use help: RGbeats and GW aggrobears. Might add loxodon warhammer//armadillo cloak//moldervine cloak (CP dredge)

Any and all thoughts will be considered. I also draft everyday on cockatrice with support from dr4ft.com which if you dont know the site it's really cool for simulating normal drafts.

Not supported: Tribal decks (merfolk, elves, goblins, etc) (note I dont really count humans... but arguably thats a tribe thats in this deck)

• nvm found it, up?

Please guys any suggestions would be great.

• @JohnCJonesJr said:

so most of the cards have come from vintage tournament reports.

@JohnCJonesJr

I personally love the idea behind having a powered cube, that is specifically designed to feel more like vintage. My main dissatisfaction with regards to basically every powered list I’ve come across, is that they “tend” to play out more like amped up modern decks, and less like what Vintage and Legacy as a whole has encapsulated.

The one major thing I think your cube lacks, is copious amounts of mana rocks. It’s the first thing I look for in a good powered cube. I did some superficial math and would recommend 36 rocks for a 540 card cube. I also don’t see the point in drafting 4 packs of 15 and ending up with 37 sideboard cards. Also, I would cut time vault from the cube. The card is head and shoulders... just way too good. (unlike in vintage where it's fine) It just ruins games and will make players feel like they’ve wasted their time drafting.

Specifically:
    Black Lotus
    Chrome Mox
    Everflowing Chalice
    Lion's Eye Diamond
    Lotus Bloom
    Lotus Petal
    Mana Crypt
    Mox Diamond
    Mox Emerald
    Mox Jet
    Mox Pearl
    Mox Ruby
    Mox Sapphire
    Mana Vault
    Sol Ring
    Azorius Signet
    Boros Signet
    Coldsteel Heart
    Dimir Signet
    Fellwar Stone
    Golgari Signet
    Grim Monolith
    Gruul Signet
    Izzet Signet
    Mind Stone
    Orzhov Signet
    Pentad Prism
    Rakdos Signet
    Selesnya Signet
    Simic Signet
    Basalt Monolith
    Chromatic Lantern
    Coalition Relic
    Pristine Talisman
    Thran Dynamo
    Gilded Lotus

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.