Hey guys! If you tried to log in yesterday, you probably noticed that the site was down! It was a database issue which has since been resolved, and I don't believe there was any loss of data.
I just wanted to use this opportunity to discuss what you should do in the event of a future site outage!
If the site is down and I'm aware of it, I'll do three things:
- Put up a maintaince page on www.themanadrain.com
- Send out a tweet from @tmdBrassMan
- post a message on https://www.facebook.com/groups/VintageMTG/
(the semi-official TMD facebook group)
I may not be able to do those things immediately, especially putting up the maintenance page, which I'm unable to do if I don't have my laptop or home computer near me.
If the site is down and I haven't done any of those things, I might not know yet, so feel free to contact me through:
- Twitter @tmdBrassMan
- facebook post at https://www.facebook.com/groups/VintageMTG/
- facebook direct message at https://www.facebook.com/tmdbrassman
- the offical TMD IRC channel #themanadrain on EFNet (but I know nobody is going to do this)
keep in mind if the site is down, I'm probably panicking and scrambling to fix it, or worrying about not being able to fix it until I get to a computer - so I may not respond to you directly, especially if I'm already aware of the issue.
Thanks for your patience!