Basic TPS shell whats it look like these days?

• So I've been out of the vintage metagame for several years now and was looking at getting into our local vintage league (unlimited proxies) here when their next season starts and was wondering what a basic TPS shell looks like these days. Also not sure what the local meta will look like. So any help would be greatly appreciated!

• @Stasismage I reccomend mtggoldfish.com, you can look at multiple lists to get a feel

• I have been trying to play TPS for a long time, I played it last year in the Australian Eternal MASTERS event to poor results. Since then I have played it at a couple of events and I have found the DPS shell to simply be a whole lot more reliable.

Adding your copies of Force of Will really force you to change from a black deck (with blue cards) to a blue back deck in order to have enough blue cards to reliably cast it. I found that this was watering down my combo, slowing down the combo, and forcing me to play what felt to be suboptimal cards because the old blue cards that used to be good enough simply are not any more.

Mostly it meant being more reliant on fetchlands and Underground sea which opened me up to wasteland a lot more. I have not tested TPS specifically since the Lodestone restriction so take that with a grain of salt

• The restriction of Lodestone Golem actually makes me want to give TPS a spin. You are going to be slower than DPS of course, but I wonder if you can gain percentage points elsewhere. Maybe not, but it's worth trying.

• You can probably make a decent TPS list with dark petition and countermagic elements, however you will suffer greatly against gush without a draw engine to keep up with them on cards. I am sure you know this but typically DPS beats gush decks either by overwhelming their early defenses before Gush comes online or by using Defense Grid. There have been attempts to merge Gushstorm and Dark Petition together but that didn't work out very well either.

@Stasismage said in Basic TPS shell whats it look like these days?:

So I've been out of the vintage metagame for several years now and was looking at getting into our local vintage league (unlimited proxies) here when their next season starts and was wondering what a basic TPS shell looks like these days. Also not sure what the local meta will look like. So any help would be greatly appreciated!

As others have said you want to be looking at the deck Called DPS which is basically just grim long with dark petition instead of grim tutor, more disruption and probe instead of brainstorm.
    For good DPS lists, I would suggest looking at MTGO daily results, footmanchu and desolutionist have put up a number of great finishes with the deck. The maindeck tends to be very streamlined the only real differences are usually in the sideboard, Footmanchu and desolutionist have sideboards tuned for the current metagame (and you can see the gradual progression) where most people are still playing Efro's November power 9 sideboard.

• Thanks alot guys I'll check those sources out and get to tinkering with something and toss a list up after get something slapped together. I was also thinking of an and old list I had fun that someone posted many years ago but cant find any longer that used Urza's/Mishra's baubles, Arcane Denial, and Plagiarize and wanted to put it back together just for fun any remember anything at all about the list beyond that? Also off topic here what happened to the board? I remember it being sold to SCG some years ago.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.