Picked up a Chalice. Going to try it in place of Deep Analysis for now. Could see it in a different spot though. List is currently;

2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
3 Deathrite Shaman
3 Pack Rat

1 Ancestral Recall
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Time Walk
2 Flusterstorm
4 Force of Will
3 Mental Misstep
1 Brainstorm
1 Ponder
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Dig Through Time
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Dismember
3 Abrupt Decay
4 Standstill

1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Chalice of the Void
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Emerald
1 Black Lotus

4 Polluted Delta
1 Swamp
1 Strip Mine
2 Tropical Island
1 Island
3 Underground Sea
1 Bayou
3 Mutavault
1 Ghost Quarter
3 Wasteland

SB:
2 Leyline of the Void
3 Arcane Laboratory
2 Plague Spitter
2 Tireless Tracker
2 Nature's Claim
2 Dread of Night
2 Grafdigger's Cage

last edited by wfain

@wfain Really no Library of Alexandria huh?

@Topical_Island not yet, so far the way the games play out it wouldn't activate

@wfain It's really just there to drop on turn 1 if its in your opening hand right?... It's ok. Just a card I think highly of.

@Topical_Island me too, just would have to cut a spell I think. So many colorless lands already

Adding Library makes it more likely you see everything else.... A Deathrite? Cruise? Vamp? Ghost Quarter?... actually yeah... why the heck is Quarter in and Library not. That's just goofy.

I agree that library is one of the best cards in landstill. There are decks that want to deplete their hands as soon as possible, or really fast: it's ok not to play library there. But in a deck that wants to go slow, play a standstill and wait for a factory... library is awesome.

I'll try it over the Ghost Quarter next time I play.

2-2 this time. both loses to grixis pyromancer. pyroblast and jtms give them an advantage if you can't stick an early threat + standstill.
Considering cutting the 2 Dread of Night for another Plague Spitter and maybe a Pernicious Deed?

Changed Cruise to Mana Drain, sideboard changed Dread to Spitters and cut third Leyline for another Mana Drain. Went 4-3 in P9 challenge. Losses to Dredge, Esper Mentor, and Montolio (Tks Shops). Beat Dredge, UW Standstill, Blue Moon, and UWR Mentor. Main deck feels pretty good at this point. I might want to change 1 of the colorless lands or the basic swamp to some other land (Bayou or Trop). Sideboard is very tough to figure out. You need certain cards like Cage to not auto lose to Oath but maybe Oath is so small a % it is worth skipping? They would just be more Leyline anyways though. Spitters are great against White Eldrazi and Grixis but suck against TKShops and Mentor. Idk what to do with the board from here.

Views