coax from the blind eternities, could it change the wish cards?

• i saw the spoiler for coax from the blind eternities, and essentially it is a wish card for eldrazi, my question is is it possible that the wishes will be errated to include cards in exile when the set realeses? for reference here is a link.
    http://mythicspoiler.com/emn/cards/coaxfromtheblindeternities.html
    im not sure how important this would be to vintage if at all but assuming this does mean the wishes are errated to get cards from exile, does this impact the game at all?

• I would think they would want to do the same thing as Winter Orb, reprint with the "intended" wording.

• Would allow for you to grab blue cards exiled to FOW/Misdirection with burning wish/cunning wish. Would allow you to get creatures back with living wish after swords/path. Not sure how much impact that might have on the game or not, but being able to grab that Time Walk/Ancestral I had to to chuck to FOW with a wish later, could definitely change a game.

• Administrators

If they were to errata the Wishes to have this wording (which is how they worked years ago), Burning Wish has a history of doing pretty stupid things in vintage with the old functionality. Wishing for cards you pitched to Force of Will is one thing, but interactions between Burning Wish/Recoup/Yawgmoth's Will + Demonic Tutor/Time Walk/Tinker etc, makes it not too difficult to take 4 or 5 turns in a row, Tendrils with very few cards in hand, etc.

• so the cards it would impact the most would be burning wish and cunning wish it seems and maybe living wish? would living wish get more play with this hypothetical errata in the creature decks as a way to fight swords?

• Administrators

Running Living Wish to get back creatures that might have been exiled by Swords feels a lot worse than just running redundant creatures. The advantage of Burning Wish is that it lets you play the same restricted card multiple times, possibly multiple times in a turn. Living Wish just isn't doing that for you.

• Administrators

I also don't think that the new wording on this card is any indicator that they'll errata Wishes. It could be just as likely that this wording solidifies "this is how this card works differently from Wishes"

• @Brass-Man that could be true that the other wishes dont get an errata, would be nice though imho, but thats mostly because im playing burning wish at the moment in my deck lol. assuming they did get an errata, could that lead to burning wish getting played more so the decks that play it could take 4-5 turns in a row?

• It would be pretty wild to see Ancestral, Snapcaster/J,TU Ancestral, Cunning Wish Ancestral, Snapcaster/J,TU Ancestral.

Or substitute Timewalk and Burning Wish etc.

• There are many cards in Standard right now that exile (from hand, library, and play), so they might have wanted to add that clause to improve the power level of the card.

• The whole point of Eldrazi is that they do weird things, especially with the exile zone. I do not see the logic in thinking that Coax's wording will lead to wishes being errata'd.

• I would run living Wish in a deck with Thought-Knot Seer under this new errata (if it were to happen). If they are not swords'n your TKS, how are they stopping it?

• When I first got back into magic and was looking at the Delve Mechanic I was mega excited for all the cool cunning wish interactions and then had my buzz completely killed when I learned of the errata :( If I cant cunning wish for the brainstorm I imprinted on my chrome mox then why even play magic?

• @Brass-Man said:

Running Living Wish to get back creatures that might have been exiled by Swords feels a lot worse than just running redundant creatures. The advantage of Burning Wish is that it lets you play the same restricted card multiple times, possibly multiple times in a turn. Living Wish just isn't doing that for you.

Unless it's lodestone now :P

• Administrators

@VintageFamiliar having to play living wish before getting lodestone seriously reduces how good the card is. At 5G lodestone goes from restricted to unplayable

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.