[Free Podcast] Serious Vintage 28 – All About Eldrazi

• http://www.eternalcentral.com/serious-vintage-episode-28-the-eldrazi-are-coming/

For episode 28, Geoff Moes (@ThallidTosser on Twitter), Nat Moes (@GrandpaBelcher), Josh Chapple (@joshchapple), and Andy Probasco (@tmdBrassMan) look at the coming storm of Eldrazi in Vintage Magic: The Gathering, how should players prepare for it, and how should it be treated grammatically.

00:30 – The Eldrazi Are Coming
    22:00 – What Do We Do When the Eldrazi Get Here?
    43:53 – How Do We Pronounce Eldrazi, Anyway?
    53:47 – Outro
    Total runtime – 0:54:19

• TMD Supporter

I really enjoyed that, thanks. And not just the grammar nonsense. Vintage non-nonsense was also good.

• TMD Supporter

Thanks for doing this guys! It wS highly enjoyable as always. I'm always excited when a new episode goes up.

I am also intrigued about Eldrazi tribal. I wonder if a lot of people will play it at champs in an attempt to top 8 as well as qualify for the non-powered prize.

• Hey guys! I really enjoyed the cast, very entertaining and informative :)

I'm very curious about the BUG deck you talked about in one of the segments... does anyone have a list they could post? I've been wanting to play a Null Rod BUG list for sometime and haven't had the chance to in the current meta.

Keep on rocking!!

• Hey, here's the BUG deck Josh played. He and I built it at Nat's table the night before. It's based on my Champs deck from last year, which in turn was heavily based on Justin Becker's list from (I think?) NYSE that year:

Creatures (12)
    3x Deathrite Shaman
    3x Snapcaster Mage
    2x Trygon Predator
    2x Baleful Strix
    2x Gurmag Angler

Control Package (16)
    4x Force of Will
    3x Mental Misstep
    1x flusterstorm
    2x Cabal Therapy
    1x Null Rod
    1x Dismember
    3x Abrupt Decay
    1x Crucible of Worlds

Draw Package (10)
    1x Ancestral Recall
    1x Brainstorm
    1x Dig Through Time
    1x Ponder
    1x Treasure Cruise
    1x Time Walk
    2x Painful Truths
    1x Demonic Tutor
    1x Jace TMS

Mana (22)
    4x Verdant Catacombs
    1x Misty Rainforest
    1x Polluted Delta
    3x Underground Sea
    2x Tropical Island
    1x Bayou
    1x Swamp
    4x Wasteland
    1x Stripmine
    1x Mox Emerald
    1x Mox Jet
    1x Mox Sapphire
    1x Black Lotus

Sideboard
    3x Grafdigger’s Cage
    2x Nature’s Claim
    1x Engineered Explosives
    1x Virulent Plague
    1x Dread of Night
    1x Tormod’s Crypt
    1x Forest
    1x Ravenous Trap
    1x Abrupt Decay
    1x Dismember
    1x Murderous Cut
    1x Null Rod

I watched most of his games and we talked about the deck after. We agreed therapy was bad and would cut it. I'd like to see a third Strix, that card is great right now. JTMS was also an underperformer. I might try -2 therapy, -1 JTMS, +1 strix, +2 thoughtseize right now and see how that plays. I'd also like to play a Malicious Affliction, maybe in the sideboard over the murderous cut. Snuff out would also be fine there. I think Josh just found a Cut first so that was that.

• lhc I think you also mentioned to me once that you were looking at jamming in a 4th Deathrite at some point.

• Thanks so much for posting the list Ihc! I really like the looks of it! I'll be throwing it together in paper (and hopefully on mtgo soon).

• I just finished this yesterday and I really enjoyed it.

I genuinely hope to remember the singular form of Eldrazi: Eldrazo.

• These podcasts are fantastic. Loved the caveman lawyer reference at the end.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.