A currently streaming vintage link?

• TMD Supporter

I don't know if this is possible, but it would be nice if there was some way to link to all the people currently streaming vintage? Maybe somewhere in the Vintage around the web section?

I don't know what kind of implementation challenges there are for this, since I don't know a lot about twitch and if it has any publicly facing APIs but it would be a really nice feature.

• It had been previously mentioned that TMD might want to have streamers that it officially supports and that their streams would be linked when playing. There's already a NodeBB plugin for this!.

Unfortunately, specifically picking up people who are playing Vintage is more difficult. They're streaming the game Magic: The Gathering. Aside from watching the stream, the only way to be somewhat sure that a streamer is playing Vintage is to check the stream title. I'd imagine this could be added to the Twitch monitor plugin relatively easily - and that plugin is F/OSS! Something along the lines of

GET List of MTG Streams
    Increment through streams
    If title contains "vintage" (case insensitive)
        Add to list of streams to display

• Administrators

oh man, you used the code block for code. That's pretty exciting.

NodeBB plugin existing obviously drops the dev effort here dramatically. If I can input a specific list of streamers, I'm not too worried about checking the stream title, there are only 4 or 5 regular vintage streamers now, and if there are more, it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask them to register with TMD first

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.