[ENM] Eternal Scourge

• Spoiled here: http://www.hareruyamtg.com/article/category/detail/2971

Eternal Scourge
    3 Generic
    3/3 Eldrazi Horror

You may cast Eternal Scourge from exile.

When Eternal Scourge becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, exile it.

Card seems amazing to me for eldrazi decks. Granted it is not disruptive but it provides amazing inevitability and long term CA for the deck, and with eye of ugin it costs one from exile or hand.

Now it cannot be used as a sacrifice outlet because it only gets exiled if targeted, but it basically is immune to being put down by removal. Your opponent has to block and kill it, as swords or path wont even keep it out of play.
    '
    In a deck that really wants to spam Mimics and Endless ones, I think this really has a place (maybe not a 4 of) as just another quality body that does not require actual colorless mana. I think it is very possible between these 3 creatures and TKS to see a very aggro version of eldrazi that just wants to winmill a win early and fast and this could be a key component of that list that also happens to provide inevitability.

Interestingly it also is another eldrazi that also happens to not specifically require colored mana, so it works with moxen.

• Do you really need an Endless One #5-8 in the Eldrazi deck? Yes, this creature dodges Swords, but the Swords will probably be aimed at the other, scarier Eldrazi anyway.

People have pointed out that Eternal Scourge is an infinite-mana combo with Food Chain, and with Scourge you need one less mana to get started than you do with Misthollow Griffin. I don't think Food Chain combo is Vintage-playable, given the number of Sphere effects running around, but it's food for thought.

• @evouga Well its even faster than that because misthollow does not get eye of ugins. I agree that foodchain is not well positioned right now, and if that ever became a deck I don't think it would be the same thing as the eldrazi beats deck that seems to be where we are right now.

As for the other decks, I do think some of them could use more low CMC stuff. If you plan on wasting your opponent all day long, you will be on the lower end of the mana spectrum as well, so having another good, low CMC body seems very strong to me. Reality smasher is a good finisher with mimics, but its a finisher and likley you wont need as many of them in a game as you will stock, cheap eldrazi.

• @evouga I've run it. It's fun., but not super competitive. I actually like this guy LESS than Misthollow because you can't pitch it to force for "free" and then cast him later. Also, flying is huge if you end up having to just beat down.

This guy does play nice with that three card tutor for 2 that Griffin plays, though. Can't recall the name.

• Manipulate Fate, I assume.

• @evouga yeah that one.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.