[EMN] Nephalia Academy

• Nephalia academy

If a spell or ability an oponent controls causes you to discard a card you may reveal the card and put it on top of your library instead of anywhere else

(t) add <> to your mana pool

I was wondering what people thought about putting this in the eldrazi/tks shops decks as a one or two of since discard seems to be on the rise, any thoughts on this? possible sideboard card or is discard not that much of a concern for the eldrazi decks?

• It's an unfortunate card because it recognizes that we have an issue with rampant discard yet it still puts you down -1 CA and very surprisingly it doesn't even interact with the Thought-Knot Seer, which exiles cards rather than forces discard. One would think given these cards were designed to co-exist in Standard for over a year that the latter one would actually address the issues created by the former...

• Discard (excluding non-blind Cabal Therapy) does not really put you down -1CA though, as the opponent is also spending their discard spell.

• @boerma said:

Discard (excluding non-blind Cabal Therapy) does not really put you down -1CA though, as the opponent is also spending their discard spell.

Opponent goes down 1 spell in hand. You go down 1 spell in hand. You get set back 1 draw. You are down a card.

Of course quality plays a part in the equation which is not so easy to quantify - if they try to make you discard a mentor for example, is redrawing it better than what you would have drawn?

• I can't tell you how many games I've lost because I didn't have Library of Leng in play.

No, really, I have no idea.

• @Khahan Using this effect is optional, so if you don’t want to re-draw the card you don’t have to. Good cards go back, bad cards get binned. If anything, this makes the quality of your draws go up. The benefit is marginal and probably not worth it (playing this over Library, Mikokoro, Sea Gate Wreckage, …), but it’s still positive.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.