[EMN] Imprisoned in the Moon

• Imprisoned in the Moon
    2U
    Enchantment - Aura
    Enchant Creature, Land, or planeswalker.

Enchanted permanent is a colorless land with "t: add C to your mana pool" and loses all other card types and abilities.

Am I the only one that thinks this card is VERY good? It's sorcery speed, but it answers just about any permanent for one colored mana - and it's blue, of course. Couldn't have blue be without a vindicate effect i guess. Not killed for good, but nobody removes enchantments in Vintage (other than oath).

• This post is deleted!

• I see this as useful primarily for removing primarily Oath and Tinker targets, and Jace. (It also removes Eldrazi and robots, but if you're resolving 3-mana enchantments against the Shops pillar, you are probably in good shape anyway.)

Certainly this is a powerful and unique effect, especially in mono-blue. Does being blue make it good enough over Oblivion Ring and Song of the Dryads to see play, where the white and green versions do not?

• Isn't detention sphere almost all around better than this? I imagine I will stick to wastelands for any lands I want to get rid of. This just seems like a 3 mana path to exile in most cases, at sorcery speed.

• There's a card I had played against me locally that turned my Library of Alexandria into a tree for 2G. I believe it's from a Commander product and could hit any permanent. My opponent was running a very innovative Vintage Enchantress deck which was often brutal because Monastery Mentor was the win-con. This card compares very easily to that "turn anything into a tree" enchantment, except this one is blue. Whether it compares unfavorably to Detention Sphere depends on availability of white mana and how important it is to hit lands. It's possible this card could see some play in a brew.

• Song of the Dryads
    2G - Enchantment Aura
    Enchanted permanent is a colorless Forest land.

• As an Oath of Druids pilot, the first thing I thought of was how Imprisoned In The Moon is possibly the only(?) reasonable blue answer to Jace, the Mind Sculptor; Containment Priest; and Karakas.

Song of the Dryads obviously accomplishes the same thing (and more), but the merits of Imprisoned In The Moon being blue are obvious. Most decent removal, "hate," and sideboard business can't be pitched to Force of Will.

It's unlikely, but I could see myself running one in the sideboard of some list.

• TMD Supporter

I think this card is very interesting. Not sure it's vintage playable, but I don't think we've ever had blue removal this good before. It's certainly going into my cube ASAP! Blue spot removal?

Yes please!!!

• So now we are working up to an "Oblivion Ring" cycle?

O-Ring
    Song of the Dryad
    Chaos Warp
    Stick It In The Moon

Poor ol' Black is the only color that doesn't get to answer any problem for 2C!

PS: Color Pie? What Color Pie?

• @MaximumCDawg oubliette could be the black o ring, but it only hits creatures.

• @letseeker Well... that's kind of the point, isn't it? Black has a crapton of "O Rings for creatures" in the sense that it's got lots of ways to remove them.

I was saying that every color has a generalized answer to any kind of permanent (or most kinds) for the cost of 2C. Except Black. So the old Color Pie whereby certain colors had difficulty dealing with certain things is gone. Except for Black.

And, as an aside, this also means 3 is more firmly rooted as a critical cost in Eternal. If your threat costs 3 mana, it is basically guaranteed to "die to removal," meaning it will just trade for a removal spell that costs equal to or less than the threat. Unless you're playing Enchantments against a Black deck.

Poor Black.

• This is a unique and good card.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.