Visiting a topic vs. the first unread post

• So, the site is good about showing you unread content, but clicking a thread from the unread view takes you to the top of said thread with a pop-up message allowing you to go to the first unread post. This isn't too bad (it's an extra click) but the site considers clicking that pop-up to be reloading the page and adds another entry in your navigation history. This means that going back to the unread list requires two back navigations. We're now up to four navigations for each thread we want to catch up on in the unread list.

Can we get a button (like in the old forums) from the unread list that goes directly to the first unread post? Alternately, is there an option for the primary navigation from the unread list to be to the first unread post?

Note: this is all in Chrome 48.0.2564.116 m

• The black arrow next to the unread post notification does this I believe.

• @vaughnbros You know what: my view doesn't appear to have the arrow you reference, but some exploratory clicking uncovered that there is a hyperlink around the "xx minutes ago" next to each topic snippet which does what I want (navigates to the unread post in the topic).

Thanks!

• @CHA1N5 said:

@vaughnbros You know what: my view doesn't appear to have the arrow you reference, but some exploratory clicking uncovered that there is a hyperlink around the "xx minutes ago" next to each topic snippet which does what I want (navigates to the unread post in the topic).

Thanks!

I was going to say that clicking xx minutes ago takes you to that last post. I also middle click all the links to open them in a new tab (this eliminates the back button all together).

• @CHA1N5 Sorry the phone format is different than the regular browser!

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.