Vintage MTGO Dailies

• Hey everyone,

Do we know why the vintage dailies are not firing? I cannot figure out and it is depriving me of some much needed Vintage playing.

I know the selection screen for the dailies changed, but other than that I cannot fathom why the dropoff is so drastic. There used to be Friday dailies of ~16 players, last night 2 people showed up.

• @infant_no_1 Pokémon Go 😉

• TMD Supporter

I have a kid and a wife who can't stand Magic, so I'm generally only able to play the night time ones (in my eastern time zone). I think I've played one daytime Vintage daily ever.

The night time ones got bumped back to 10:00 PM on the weekend nights that I could play. Since I usually wake up around five in the morning I am dead tired by ten. I really don't feel like playing at that time, so I've been skipping them.

I certainly have skipped a ton of them since August of last year. When the events changed it made me want to play less.

As far as everyone else, I can't speak for them. But in the old days if someone messaged me to say that the daily needed one more person I would join just to make the tournament fire. I'm not really inclined to want to do that anymore. If I'm going to spend the money I'd rather enjoy myself.

• I'd love to know this as well. The few times I've tried to join a daily over the last month of so it hasn't come anywhere close to firing.

Even during the VSL (which I assumed would be prime time for online Vintage play) the dailies don't fire.

Maybe it's time to go back to weekend-only scheduling?

• I noticed a dropoff when the Friday daily moved back to 9:00 central. I'm just confused as hell about it.

• For me, it's mainly the value proposition. At 6 tix, I could play it regularly without feeling too bad if I don't do great. But at 12, the light bump in competitiveness over Tournament Practice games (which don't take my whole evening) stops being worth it for me. At this point I only play when I see that one or two more are needed for it to fire.

6 tix 8 min events with reasonable payouts would certainly get me interested again.

• TMD Supporter

@Solemn_Storm said:

For me, it's mainly the value proposition. At 6 tix, I could play it regularly without feeling too bad if I don't do great. But at 12, the light bump in competitiveness over Tournament Practice games (which don't take my whole evening) stops being worth it for me. At this point I only play when I see that one or two more are needed for it to fire.

6 tix 8 min events with reasonable payouts would certainly get me interested again.

Wizards decided that for six tickets they literally will give you nothing.
    The cheapest events are eight ticket leagues. I'd play leagues but we don't get them.
    I don't want to get too much into it because it took me a while to not be really disillusioned with the whole system. But it's clear that the company heads decided that MTGO was just not expensive enough. Never mind that packs arw msrp for digital objects...

• TMD Supporter

For the record I also once enjoyed 2-man queues too, but spending PP to win PP seems so unexciting to me. If I could win packs I'd play heads up queues again.

• @Islandswamp Vintage leagues would certainly be perfect. I really don't understand why Wizards won't implement those. They already have other leagues so it can't be much technical work (coding) to allow vintage to have one too.

• After Vintage Dailies stoppped showing in the event selection screen I had to search for a while to find a way to join. At first I wondered if some folks just can't find them, but this doesn't seem like a plausible explanation in a long run. I am interested in an answer as well.

EDIT: Aaand another fail, 20 minutes ago 7 people showed up :( This one used to fire...

• TMD Supporter

@kistrand from Lee Sharpe himself, vintage leagues won't work because the player base is not large enough.

At one point the online vintage community really seemed to be growing, but now it seems to.have dwindled.

Honestly I think that people are playing Vintage fairly often. I rarely have to wait more than a minute for a game. But those tp room games aren't translating into daily event attendance.

• @Islandswamp Ok, I can kind of get that about the player base being too small. Dailies take too much time and are in the middle of the night here in Finland :(

• TMD Supporter

I still have enough play points to keep playing for free, and I usually win enough to not have to pay.
    But I have had a couple dailies in a row where I didn't and I had to pay $12 to play. I wonder what drives someone who loses more often than they win to keep playing. I think that the people who are shelling out money again and again and never winning anything might be quitting and that means the events aren't firing.
    Vintage receives less promotion than any format, so attracting new players for the online platform can be difficult.

• Drop seemed to coincide with EM?

• @infant_no_1 said:

Hey everyone,

Do we know why the vintage dailies are not firing? I cannot figure out and it is depriving me of some much needed Vintage playing.

I know the selection screen for the dailies changed, but other than that I cannot fathom why the dropoff is so drastic. There used to be Friday dailies of ~16 players, last night 2 people showed up.

There is a bug that makes the events not appear as normal. Folks aren't seeing the event.

• @Smmenen And they didn't bother to check what's up after not being able to find an event for like 2 weeks? :P Funny. Well, at least now all members of TMD shouldn't have any problems with that.

• Daily a haven't been firing regularly for over a month

• @maciek16180 said:

@Smmenen And they didn't bother to check what's up after not being able to find an event for like 2 weeks? :P Funny. Well, at least now all members of TMD shouldn't have any problems with that.

People are used to finding it one way, why would they know another? It took me making a concerted effort to find the work around. It's wizards fault

• @Smmenen Of course it's a Wizard's fault. I'm just saying that if you care about playing in the event then you try to find a solution, not just give up on it. The possibility that so many people would do the latter or not be able to find the way to join just feels strange to me. But I hope it's the case, because that means fixing this bug should revert things back to normal.

• TMD Supporter

gush and playing against it is just plain old fuckin boring

• @Juggernaut-GO said:

gush and playing against it is just plain old fuckin boring

^^ that is not wrong. append mentor to the list as well.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.