Charity Event for Former TMDer

• Hey everyone,

A very close friend of mine and former TMDer, Steven Marshall (aka Goober on TMD and elsewhere online) passed away last year. I am organizing a Magic event to celebrate his memory. He was extremely passionate about the game, and a Magic tournament is the best way I can think of to remember him.

Here on TMD, he was very active in innovating Storm variants in the early-mid 2000's, and he backed up his thoughts and ideas with results, top 8-ing several events in the Northeast area around that same time.

The event will be a Sealed tournament held at Worcester Polytechnic Institute on Saturday August 27th. I hope some of you will be able to attend. If you are interested in participating in the tournament, the registration is $30 which you can submit through the GoFundMe I set up for the event. Even if you can't make it in person, any contributions would be greatly appreciated. All surplus funds will be donated to Child's Play.

Thanks for reading.

Jaris
    alt text

• First and only bump for this. We've got some great prize support already and more on the way. Top 8 will each get a playmat (one of the two designs below), and Goober's former employer - Demiurge, makers of Marvel Puzzle Quest - has donated a number of items that we will be giving out as prizes, including in-game currency, t-shirts, a hoodie and more!

We will also have Eternal Masters packs for those that do well and expect that there will be participation give-aways and other prize support as well! Even if you didn't know Goober, we'd love to have you attend!

Thanks again for reading and let me know if you have any questions.

• Seems like a very worthy event - and the Mana Drain handle certainly rings a bell. Good luck with it - hope you raise some funds for a great cause.

• Donated.

Requiescat in pace .

• This happened on Saturday! We ended up raising over $750 for the charity, and everyone had a great time. Given his love for Vintage and the cost of running a Sealed event, I'm considering running a full-proxy Vintage event next year. I'll be sure to post the details here if we end up going that route! Thanks everyone for your support. :)

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.