[CN2] Sanctum Prelate

• Well well
    alt text

Perhaps one of the factors they considered when restricting COTV? Humans are being given all sorts of gifts this set.

• Just... wow.

• Holy F. They actually made one of my Invitational cards. Chalice Man. This thing is completely nuts. I will choose one quite often. So insane, you can't boseiju* through it, decay through it. A Meddling Mage and a Chalice had sex and produced this thing.

• Administrators

The effect is better than Chalice because they can't cast spells into it to generate storm or trigger Prowess.

You can do things you couldn't realistically do with chalice, like play it uncounterably on turn 2, name 5, and shut off Force of Will, Gush ... and I guess Murderous Cut.

• I am thinking this is not a card I want to windmill out turn one, but rather something I would much rather have out to press the advantage once I know what my opponent is playing. You can lotus it turn one and call 0 for moxen or 1 for most removal much like Chalice, but if you opponent is not heavy up on all that you may be better off waiting to see what they are playing and calling 4 to prevent Supreme Verdict or 3 to prevent toxic deluge.

• @Protoaddct i would be thrilled to windmill this on 1 or 0 in the blind at a large event, if they are on eldrazi then they are almost mono-creatures anyway and this thing is probably Hurloon Minotaur. 40-50% of the field is Gush and this stones removal and cantrips.

This card is also brutal against Oath if you can power it out.

• Let me rephrase this, in that it is not the card I would likely lead with if I had either Thalia in hand as a turn one play. It can be a respectable play turn one in some circumstances.

• TMD Supporter

Well, at least they got it right with a super powerful creature having to rock the double white this time (I'm looking at you Mentor!!).

Also, apparently Chalice effects aren't "unfun" after all!!

• Waiting for Armageddon Man to be spoiled next.

3W - 2/6 - Human Advisor Druid Ally Pirate Assassin - "Sometimes your need to plow the land instead."

• Not Legendary either

• Just spotted this... So good.

This on 5 is amazing. Really spot on design-wise too. Glad it doesn't die to Dread of Night.

• They're really pushing white.

• shriekmaw is gonna have to come out of the woodwork now

• They're not gonna stop until we're all playing decks with 20 creatures

• Mythic rare... Sorry for not being up to date on this, but does anybody know how this will get online? Will it cost more than Containment Priest or not?

• @Uvatha The current answers are "who knows?" and "god i hope not".

There has been no announced plan for releasing these cards, and there's no announced digital set that reasonably could have the relevant ones.

• @Solemn_Storm said:

@Uvatha The current answers are "who knows?" and "god i hope not".

There has been no announced plan for releasing these cards, and there's no announced digital set that reasonably could have the relevant ones.

I think it is safe to assume that they will shove the relevant stuff into an online masters set.

• Nice card is nice.

4x this guy
    4x Meddling Mage
    1x Chalice

= profit?

• @Solemn_Storm said:

Ugh... That is retarded. Then there will be a split meta between the paper and online world, and as this could help break the dominance of Mentor, we might get the short end of the stick online, as we will not enjoy any shift in the meta.

• @Protoaddct Sure, I'm just saying that we aren't remotely aware of how they plan to do so, which means it's not likely going to be soon unless they announce something this week.

• @nedleeds said:

Holy F. They actually made one of my Invitational cards. Chalice Man. This thing is completely nuts. I will choose one quite often. So insane, you can't cavern through it, decay through it. A Meddling Mage and a Chalice had sex and produced this thing.

It is insane, although it's the Cavern interaction you point is useless since it only works for non-creature spells. ;)

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.