Report with 4c Hatebears w/ Leo and Sanctum Prelate

• My local playgroup had a small tournament this weekend and I decided to bring a few of the new cards in a 4 color hatebear deck. I never playtested the deck before the tournament so I didn't really know what to expect. There's not really much theory behind the build and I really only just wanted to try out some stuff, so I'm sure it can be improved in various slots. Also note that this is from memory so I might be a card or two off.

3 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Noble Hierarch
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    3 Dark Confidant
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    3 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    2 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Aven Mindcensor
    1 Containment Priest
    1 Tasigur, The Golden Fang

3 Mental Misstep
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Ancestral Recall
    1 Brainstorm
    1 Vampiric Tutor
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Time Walk
    1 Demonic Tutor
    1 Null Rod

1 Black Lotus
    1 Mox Emerald
    1 Mox Sapphire
    1 Mox Pearl
    1 Mox Jet

3 Wasteland
    1 Strip Mine
    3 Verdant Catacomb
    3 Windswept Heath
    2 Savannah
    2 Bayou
    2 Scrublands
    1 Tropical Island
    2 Cavern of Souls

Sideboard:

3 Containment Priest
    3 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Mental Misstep
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Path to Exile
    1 Dismember
    1 Illness in the Ranks
    2 Nature's Claim
    1 Eidolon of Rhetoric
    1 Trygon Predator

Match 1: Grixis Pyromancer: 2-1 WIN
    Game 1: I resolve a turn 1 Thalia and a turn 2 Confidant. He resolves a turn 2 Pyromancer but I Decay it. Turn 4 I play a Sanctum Prelate for 1 and the game is pretty much over.
    Game 2: He gets down a turn 1 Pyromancer and I don't find anything to fight back.
    Game 3: I play turn 1 Hierarch into turn 2 Leo which gets Bolted. He gets down a Pyromancer which beats down with its token friends for a few turns, but I manage to Vampiric for Illness in the Ranks with Misstep backup. I clean the game up a few turns later.

Match 2: Jeskai Mentor: 1-2 LOSS
    Game 1: He gets down a turn 1 Mentor and I have no answers.
    Game 2: I don't remember much here, but my path to victory included Sanctum Prelate for 1.
    Game 3: This one was pretty close the first many turns and we end up in topdeck mode. He wins when he topdecks Treasure Cruise into Mentor and Time Walk.

Match 3: Oath: 2-0 WIN
    Game 1: I know my opponent usually is on Oath so I mulligan to look for Decay, Prelate or Priest. My 5 card hand has Priest so I'm all set. It turns out to be lucky that I mulliganed to find an answer because he leads with turn 1 Oath. I draw Cavern to make my Priest uncounterable. He never finds an answer so I ride my bears to victory.
    Game 2: I draw good and keep a hand with Lotus, Prelate, Cage and Priest and I have no trouble winning.

Match 4: Some Storm variant: 2-1 WIN
    Game 1: have a slow hand and lose to a turn 2 or 3 kill.
    Game 2: I resolve a turn 1 Thalia and a turn 2 Leo. My opponent manages to get rid of Leo but i Demonic for Eidolon and beats him down before he finds another answer.
    Game 3: I keep a somewhat sketchy hand which only has Thalia as a thread. My opponent's hand is pretty slow though, and I draw into Confidant which finds me Mindcensor and Vamp which finds me Eidolon.

Match 5: Eldrazi: 1-2 LOSS
    Game 1: I face a turn 1 Thought-Knot Seer and turn 2 Reality Smasher.
    Game 2: I have a very good hand with Demonic, Nature's Claim and Trygon. However, my opponent locks me out for a few turns and starts beating down with a Thalia 2.0 and I'm close to 0 life when I finally get to resolve my Demonic to find an answer for Thalia 2.0. From here on we get into a topdeck war which I manage to climb out of on top when I draw a Tasigur.
    Game 3: My opponent resolves a turn 1 Lodestone which beats me down to 3 life until I manage to Swords it. He plays some more creatures which I manage to take care of as well back I'm always on my back heels this game. He eventually resolves a Reality Smasher which I can't beat.

Overall the deck was really fun and demanding to play. It felt pretty good but lacking a bit of fire power against Mentor and Eldrazi which I feared in advance. It also seems a bit soft to Workshops at least in the maindeck. Sanctum Prelate and Leo were both incredible, but I'm not sure they actually belong in the same deck because of the mana requirements. I only once or twice was mana screwed, but it's hard to tell how much is due to variance. Revoker was very underwhelming and I think it should be replaced with something more powerful, but I'm not really sure what. Perhaps Thalia 2.0 or another Tasigur or even Goyf or Knight of the Reliquary could be possibilities. Mindcensor and Containment Priest could also go to the sideboard or be replaced with something else and more powerful.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.