[KLD] Saheeli Rai

• alt text
    Saheeli Rai
    1UR
    Planeswalker - Saheeli
    +1: Scry 1. Saheeli Rai deals 1 damage to each opponent.
    -2: Create a token that's a copy of target artifact or creature you control, except it's an artifact in addition to its other types. That token gains haste. Exile is at the beginning of the next end step.
    -7: Search your library for up to three artifact cards with different names, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
    [3]

+1 Isn't card advantage and I can't think of any common good use of her -2 (maybe duplicating a Young Pyromancer/Mentor to generate more tokens? I don't know, she's not bad, but seems way worse than Dack at first glance.

• She feel's like a cheaper, slower Tezz. Unfortunately, Big Blue Key/Vault decks are not positioned real well at the moment. Maybe if the format figures out how to deal with Gush/Mentor this can make it back into Grixis Big Blue.

• But that -7 is so powerful. Fetch up Time Vault, Key, Mana (Crypt).

• I want to try here in a two-card monte deck. The want to abuse that -2 with Goblin Welder is tempting.

• TMD Supporter

She's priced right. But the plus one is pretty weak. The minus 2 can do a lot more than people think. Copying oath or tinker targets is kind of win more, but it also would probably immediately win many games. Play black lotus, copy it, make six mana, cast consecrated sphinx, that's a thing.

I think it's a good card. Probably not good enough though.

• If the +1 drew a card after scrying...

• +1 Kill your Jace.

• Seems really weak next to Dack Fayden.

• @Islandswamp said:

She's priced right. But the plus one is pretty weak. The minus 2 can do a lot more than people think. Copying oath or tinker targets is kind of win more, but it also would probably immediately win many games. Play black lotus, copy it, make six mana, cast consecrated sphinx, that's a thing.

Why don't you just cast Consecrated Sphinx with Lotus and the 3 mana you used to cast this dude?

• Crowded room with Newretti and Dack who both outclass this planeswalker. She has a hard time defending herself, if you could ping their Revoker / Thalia / Bob / Pyromancer it would be more interesting.

• TMD Supporter

@JuzamJim said:

@Islandswamp said:

Why don't you just cast Consecrated Sphinx with Lotus and the 3 mana you used to cast this dude?

Use your imagination perhaps. LOL. I wasn't saying to do that all in one turn, I was just postulating on one POSSIBLE thing you could do. Turn three cast this 'Walker (probably a bad idea, I think it sucks most likely(. Turn four, oh look I ripped a lotus, I can ramp six extra mana this turn. That's all. I mean, you'd have to be a brain-dead, half-wit neckbeard to do the way you thought I meant, right?

• TMD Supporter

I'm going to try to put her into Stasis.

• @Islandswamp said:

@JuzamJim said:

@Islandswamp said:

Use your imagination perhaps. LOL. I wasn't saying to do that all in one turn, I was just postulating on one POSSIBLE thing you could do. Turn three cast this 'Walker (probably a bad idea, I think it sucks most likely(. Turn four, oh look I ripped a lotus, I can ramp six extra mana this turn. That's all. I mean, you'd have to be a brain-dead, half-wit neckbeard to do the way you thought I meant, right?

Wow dude relax. I'm sorry you feel so embarassed you made a silly mistanke that you have to pretend it was all on purpose while calling me a brain-dead, half-wit neckbeard in the proces.

• TMD Supporter

@JuzamJim I wasn't calling you names. I was saying that you misunderstood what I said, and that you (as in I) would have to be dumb to needlessly waste cards and mana on something like that. I'm just a little shocked that it wasn't more clear.

• @Islandswamp said:

@JuzamJim I wasn't calling you names. I was saying that you misunderstood what I said, and that you (as in I) would have to be dumb to needlessly waste cards and mana on something like that. I'm just a little shocked that it wasn't more clear.

No worries, you just came off a bit rude.

• @JuzamJim You started the snarkiness. He had offered a totally valid line of play with the Lotus example. Your suggestion for him to simply tap 6 available mana appears to assume he is an idiot, which he clearly is not. And even if someone were in an analogous situation, positive thinking of new card possibilities has more value than unfettered critiques in the brainstorming process, so you still should have laid back.

• @BazaarOfBaghdad said:

@JuzamJim You started the snarkiness. He had offered a totally valid line of play with the Lotus example. Your suggestion for him to simply tap 6 available mana appears to assume he is an idiot, which he clearly is not. And even if someone were in an analogous situation, positive thinking of new card possibilities has more value than unfettered critiques in the brainstorming process, so you still should have laid back.

I simply pointed out a flaw in his thinking or example, there's nothing more to it. I definitely don't assume that he's an idiot - far from it, I really appreciate the stuff the Islandswamp writes, and we've written about it over PM, so I think we're all good. No hard feelings from me anyway, and I think Islandswamp feels the same way.

Also, I wouldn't say my comment was "unfettered critique", clearly it's actually quite constructive.

• @JuzamJim What flaw?

• TMD Supporter

@BazaarOfBaghdad Thanks, I appreciate the sentiment, but I did already apologize for seeming rude. In written forums like this it can be very difficult to understand exactly what someone may or may not have meant, we tend to add out own imagined inflections as we read things.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.