[KLD] Ghirapur Orrery

• Am I the only one following Kaladesh spoilers? :P
    or everyone thinks these cards are crap and I'm spamming unplayable cards?

alt text

I don't know if this is is perfect for Shops or if it just makes Gush even better and though makes it unplayable. I mean, Shops is the only deck that's probably going to get this effect every turn. The downside is that allowing your opponent to play 2 lands per turn may invalidate Spheres and stuff... but it says draw 3 cards...

What you guys think?

• I think you've captured the core tension of the card. I also think this generally beats out Coercive Portal / Bottled Cloister and probably beats out Staff of Nin as well. Shops has a history of breaking seemingly-symmetric cards and I expect this card probably falls in that mold as well. Crucible + this + Wasteland + any sphere is probably a long-term win against most decks

• I like the idea of playing this alongside crucibles, and while there hasnt been something spoiled so far that screams broken, I generally like the direction of this set so far, theres some stuff worth brewing with.

• This card is very potent in shops. As the shops player, you are looking to lock cards in your opponents' hand while deploying lands that tap for more than one mana. In aggro shops, this rewards you for barfing your hand. In control shops, same. And, if they Dack it? Who cares, it's symmetrical. If you are a weirdo and play Cloister as well, you are now drawing FIVE CARDS each turn congrats.

This is everything you want. This card is super sexy.

• I agree. I haven't been this excited for a new set in years -- we're barely at the start of spoiler season and we've already had a spate of potential Vintage playables.

This right here is a brown Gush every time you're hellbent: if you draw 3 cards and play an extra Ancient Tomb, you've added 2 mana to your mana pool and drawn two cards for free, just like Gush.

I agree the symmetric nature of the card weakens Spheres and Tangle Wires, which is why I would try this is a more lean, aggressive, Affinity-type deck rather than in control Shops.

• [EMN] Take Inventory

• I know Bazaar of Baghdad isn't the most popular shops card, but I feel like it goes perfectly with this card in a grindier Stax list. You're already running Crucible main, and you can double Wasteland. Could be neat with Uba Mask too since it exiles the cards the draw which invalidates counterspells and anything they can't cast.

• @Saya said:

[EMN] Take Inventory

Congratulations on being obnoxious. You'd really make the old TMD proud.

• I didn't even get it 0_o

• @MaximumCDawg said:

I didn't even get it 0_o

During Eldritch Moon spoiler season I created a topic about Take Inventory, not seeing it was a sorcery and therefore unplayable. So Saya, I guess in a very clever and relevant post, pointed that out.

• said:

Take Inventory

In my eyes this is the most playable card by now. People is claiming to play this along chalice, but I'd focus on the hellbent mode instead crucibles. Crucible often means having cards (lands) in hand. With this card I'd like to have MWS and low costs to vomit my hand each turn.

• @fsecco Oh. Yeah, that's not really appropriate here. Orrey seems totally reasonable as a Shops card.

• as a shops player, I've always wanted a card that allows me to play an additional land, and drawing extra cards is a nice bonus.

The problem is that the benefit is negated because my opponent can also play multiple lands as well.

I want this to be a one way street. Because it isn't, it's too much of a liability.

• @gkraigher said:

as a shops player, I've always wanted a card that allows me to play an additional land, and drawing extra cards is a nice bonus.

The problem is that the benefit is negated because my opponent can also play multiple lands as well.

I want this to be a one way street. Because it isn't, it's too much of a liability.

In Uba Stax this can be good I guess. They won't get too much advantage out of their draws (if they manage to get hellbent) and you can drop 2 lands with Crucible or even play Bazaar + Land the same turn. Could work.

• @fsecco I think you're on to something going the uba-stax route. Being able to weld this thang in and out with the right supporting components on the board would be back-breaking.

• @BillCopes I'll just sit over here and get no credit even though I posted it first..

• @fsecco said:

@MaximumCDawg said:

I didn't even get it 0_o

During Eldritch Moon spoiler season I created a topic about Take Inventory, not seeing it was a sorcery and therefore unplayable. So Saya, I guess in a very clever and relevant post, pointed that out.

I still have no idea what Take Inventory being a Sorcery has to do with the Orrery. Nobody is misinterpreting the card text here, as far as I can tell.

• @Water0 my bad, yo. I didn't see it.

Actually, I retract my apology. It's just the internet. It doesn't matter.

• @BillCopes It doesn't really matter that I posted it first or that I get credit, but I wouldn't say it doesn't matter "because it's the internet." If things on the internet didn't matter, there would be no reason for this forum to exist.

• @Water0 Fair enough. For the sake of the mods: Stay on the topic of the card, please. We're derailing for no reason.

• This card is actually very fun. It's like playing the game on steroids. I think it would go very well in a Welder, Crucible, Bazaar build. The drawback is of course that you allow your opponent to play an additional land each turn and of course your opponent gets the first real benefit of this card.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.