[KLD] Metallurgic Summonings

• Metallurgic Summonings
    3UU
    Enchantment
    Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, create an X/X colorless Construct artifact creature token, where X is that spell's converted mana cost.

3UU, Exile Metallurgic Summonings: Return all instant and sorcery cards from your graveyard to your hand. Activate this ability only if you control six or more artifacts.

For me this card is vintage playable. In a big blue deck it should be really fast on the board and will give you an army of Constructs just for playing other spells. Draw two cards for zero Mana and get a 5/5? Sure :)

And if you don't need those pesky creatures anymore you can just get you're time walks and recalls back.

• a 5 mana pyromancer that gets you back cards your probably exiling to cats dig and cruise? im not sure about this. its also not an artifact you can just put into play. nice that its blue tho.

... dig through time makes an 8/8? suddenly this seems less aweful,

• Monestary Mentor, meet Yawgmoth's Will.

• Thank god we got another token generator for Gush decks... it's been too long!

More seriously, how much better is this than Talrand? While he might not give you X/X tokens, isn't the average power of guys you're creating more or less the same? With Talrand, your Probes and Preordains can become 2/2 fliers, rather than 1/1s. As it's the low CMC stuff that makes up the backbone of the Gush shell, I suspect that might be more relevant than than living the dream of triggering this with a Delve spell (though Gush and FoW are obviously nice).

The recursion is nice of course, but probably not necessary given the prevalence of tiny Jace and/or Snapcaster.

I dunno. Not convinced. But hey, that's never stopped me playing a fun-of before...

• Not sure about this. Could be the typical "looking good but really just WIN MORE" card. But dropping this and getting 5/5s out of Gush and Force, bigger stuff out of a delve spell.... could get out of hand pretty fast and as an Enchantment is difficult to remove.

Doesn't require you to run white like Mentor, but I feel in this brave new world, white is not a downside any more ;-)

• Could be used as an alternate wincon in Turbotezz. Getting 3/3s and 5/5s for TFK and Thoughtcasts gets around those Null Rods and Stony Silences. Also provides blockers for Tezz. Another interesting thing is with Welder (obv more fodder for him) and with skullclamp (1 mana cantrip or gitprobe now has kicker 1 draw 2). I think this card is definitely Vintage Viable and might spark or bring back some archetypes.

• @sodoyouwearacape said:

Thank god we got another token generator for Gush decks... it's been too long!

More seriously, how much better is this than Talrand? While he might not give you X/X tokens, isn't the average power of guys you're creating more or less the same? With Talrand, your Probes and Preordains can become 2/2 fliers, rather than 1/1s. As it's the low CMC stuff that makes up the backbone of the Gush shell, I suspect that might be more relevant than than living the dream of triggering this with a Delve spell (though Gush and FoW are obviously nice).

The recursion is nice of course, but probably not necessary given the prevalence of tiny Jace and/or Snapcaster.

I dunno. Not convinced. But hey, that's never stopped me playing a fun-of before...

The big difference is that your token generator isn't a dude. That has pro's and con's. If Talrand for example was a 2UU Enchantment that would confer benefits and drawbacks.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.