Feature Request Board

• Administrators

Feature Request Board!

Hey everyone!

The feature request subboard is going to be used as a prioritized backlog for improvements to the site. Each thread in this board should be a specific, actionable feature, upgrade, policy change, etc.

If you like the idea and want it to be worked on, upvote it! (specifically, upvote the first post in the the threat) This is going to be my primary indicator of general interest on an idea, and that's going to help me decide which features to implement next. If you have two ideas, split it out into two posts, so people can vote on each idea separately.

It's not guaranteed that the feature with the most votes will get worked on next, as some pieces of work. A lot of features are going to take time and money to implement, so the requests of TMD Supporters/Patrons are going to be weighted a little higher ... but none of this is an exact science

feature request thread guidelines

Discussion in these threads should be limited to implementation details. A thread about a tournament calendar might include different ideas about where to post the calendar on the site, or links to existing plugins or calendar tools that could be used to cut down the effort of building one - but dramatically different implementations should be split into a separate thread.

If you think the idea would be actively harmful for the site, feel free to post a good reason why. If you just don't think it would be useful to you, or don't think it should be prioritized over other work, there's no reason to argue the merits of the idea - just don't upvote it, and upvote the other ideas you think have more merit.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's ideas!

• Administrators

Ability to Block Individual Users

the ability to block a user so you can't see their posts or receive their PMs

• Administrators

Card Image Repository

Resource to quickly look up card images to paste them on site.

• Administrators

Ability to Unfollow Threads

Unfollow specific threads so their updates don't end up in your "Unread" inbox

• Administrators

Alternate colors every other post

slight shading on the background of every other post, to improve readability

• Administrators

Active Streamers link

link to currently online vintage streamers

• Administrators

TMD MTGO Clan

build TMD clan on magic online to assert our vintage dominance!

• Administrators

Old School subform

sub-board to discuss the 93/94 "Old School" format

• Administrators

• Administrators

Seperate subforum for deck-discussion

Split out from General Strategy

• @Brass-Man You can already clear all "unread" messages (forum posts) by visiting "unread", and then "make all as read" with the button on the upper right of the screen. Seems enough no ?

• @kravkenov said:

@Brass-Man You can already clear all "unread" messages (forum posts) by visiting "unread", and then "make all as read" with the button on the upper right of the screen. Seems enough no ?

Right now it's a 3 click process

• Click Unread
    • Click Mark as read
    • Click All

I'd rather the forum assume that if I'm looking at the unread page, I am now reading them.

• Just curious if we are getting the downvote option after all? Unless I'm just not seeing it on my mobile version. @Brass-Man

• @Ten-Ten I vehemently a oppose down vote feature. These features are incredibly corrupt and contribute to degradation of forum content, where only the majority are allowed to have their opinions read.

• The description given above for 'blocking' is not blocking, it's ignoring. You have described a one-way system where that person can still see you and your posts. True blocking would be two-way, hiding you from the person you don't want to interact with. Ignoring is not nearly as effective as blocking, if that is what you are going for.

• Block/Ignore features are major cop-outs.

I'd also like to request that upvotes be unremovable once someone has voted. The legitimacy of the system is non existent when a user can upvote then remove the upvote out of spite. It's become increasingly clear there's a ton of salty people on this board and I frequently see this happening despite actual post quality and relevance. Mind you this is irrelevant if the current system has no point/future - not privy to where it's headed.

• Administrators

@socialite there are legitimate non-spite reasons a user might want to remove an upvote - maybe they voted by accident, maybe they changed their mind, maybe the original poster edited their post, and the content no longer reflects something the voter agrees with.

• @Brass-Man said:

@socialite there are legitimate non-spite reasons a user might want to remove an upvote - maybe they voted by accident, maybe they changed their mind, maybe the original poster edited their post, and the content no longer reflects something the voter agrees with.

I know very little about NodeBB, is there an edit display function that tracks edits? The other points seem reasonable enough I suppose.

• Do we have a way to make polls? If so, I'm not certain how to do it...

• Administrators

@themonadnomad There's no native ways to do polls, but some people have built plugins so it might not be hard to integrate, if you want polls to be added, please make a new thread in this subboard so people can comment on it!

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.