Favorite Basic Lands

• I want to expand my basic land collection for play, and i would like to know what your favorite basics are.

Currently i really love some Artworks from the Euro lands.
    I like that they are old bordered, black bordered, don't have a expansion symbol on them and some of the artworks are just great!

alt text alt text

Those two are my favorites from the set, i love the feeling of loneliness and melancholy in the artwork.

Show off your favorite artworks and your collections. Why do you like those basics in particular? Please post pictures and not just state the set.

• Personally I love the full art Un-set lands.

• My favorites (non-promo):

alt text

alt text

alt text

This is my favorite Island art

alt text

but unfortunately isn't available on a black-bordered card (that I know of). Second Island is probably

alt text

• alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    i dont believe in basic forest so i dont have a favorite one.
    for basic swamps im torn between zendikar legion of doom swamp and jon avon's swamp road
    alt text
    alt text

• alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

And I'm still looking for a forest I really like.

• Gonna skip promos because I think a lot of those are the best:

W
    U
    B
    R
    G

I usually play all Unglued basics, though. Easy to fetch and they all look pretty good.

• @thecravenone said:

Gonna skip promos because I think a lot of those are the best...

That plains is sick! Can't believe I've never seen it before...

• @The-Atog-Lord
    those lands can only sustain thamatogs and lithatogs. how do you feed the rest of your atogian subjects?

• Was in love with Unglued when they were printed, but since playing 93/94 I really grew fond of Alpha Basics. The colors, borders and artworks have something magical - but I'm not quite sure if they fit applications other than Oldschool and Vintage.
    For newer formats, I'd prefer Zendikar Full art or still Unglued :)

• Thanks to @iamfishman I'll be converting to Unlimited soon, but I currently take the following "looking crisp in my white tee" approach to mana:

W
    U
    B
    R
    G
    C

• This post is deleted!

• Ice Age lands... Brings back memories. There's also something kind of depressing about them, dunno what it is.

alt text alt text alt text alt text alt text

• @Dumpsterac1d yeah i really like Ice Age as well, especially the swamp.

@mickey-nobilis i like the artwork of the forest you have posted. Very unique! I am not a big fan of white boarderd lands if i can avoid them though.

@thecravenone wow those plains! I totally forgot about those, i think i might have one of them lying around in a box somewhere. That is probably the coolest plains artwork i have ever seen. I remembered the swamp catching my eye as well, the artwork is really unique, i like the symmetry. I would probably consider playing those if they where available in the old border. The forest artwork is one of my favorites as well.

@The-Atog-Lord That is a fine selection. I especially like the Uluru Plains and the japanese inspired Swamp and Island.

@5space i didnt even now about the panorama plains! cool stuff. The Urza's Saga island is one my favorites for a long time as well. I always like eerie and silent looking swamps.

• People shit on new art a lot but the basics from Kaladesh are pretty great. [Link]

A couple of my favorites:

• i feel lik that plains has tabernacle way off in the distance. @thecravenone

• The APAC Japan Island is definitely super sweet. Not a big fan of the swamp though. A lot of people seem to dig it but to me it just doesn't look very swampy.

• @snowydude said:

i feel lik that plains has tabernacle way off in the distance. @thecravenone

seems like a great proxy, then.

• don't foget guru island and APAC land 2 (VENICE)...
    :)
    i don't manage to link the jpg sorry.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.