The ability to unfollow threads

• I would like the ability to stop following threads I've already looked at and decided were not interesting. I am currently getting 'unread' notifications on all threads and going to each thread to clear the notifications. I feel like as the site becomes more heavily used this will be harder and harder to do, and that unread notification will stop meaning anything. I would like to simply have a button that says "turn off notifications for this thread".

• Administrators

What do you think about the ability to turn off "unread" at the forum/subforum level? Would that be preferable to this? good in addition to this?

• @Brass-Man said:

What do you think about the ability to turn off "unread" at the forum/subforum level? Would that be preferable to this? good in addition to this?

Does this ignore button do that?

ignore

• Administrators

I think the Ignore button stops you from getting notifications (the little bell symbol), but not the unread threads (the little inbox symbol)

• @Brass-Man said:

I think the Ignore button stops you from getting notifications (the little bell symbol), but not the unread threads (the little inbox symbol)

I'm trying the ignore button on the Tournament sections. Simply ignoring specific threads would still be nice though.

• TMD Supporter

@Brass-Man said:

I think I would try to have the icon on the "updates" screen. Maybe a "stop notifications on this thread" or "unfollow." I'm guessing most TMD users will make the "unread" page their first stop when visiting.

• Administrators

Looks like you were right, @Gumgod! you can stop the unread notification at the board level by clicking Ignore - that's going to be super useful!

so this thread will just be about the ability to unfollow at the thread level - because we can already do it with boards

• @Brass-Man said:

Looks like you were right, @Gumgod! you can stop the unread notification at the board level by clicking Ignore - that's going to be super useful!

so this thread will just be about the ability to unfollow at the thread level - because we can already do it with boards

I'm not sure this works as expected. I still received a 1 next to the inbox for a post in the tournaments section (that I have ignored), but when I went to inbox, no threads were there. Meaning that I still had a 1 to clear, and I had to go to recent to clear it.

Edit: Never mind it works. It was only that first post after I turned the notifications off that was an oddity. I have not gotten any new notifications for the sections I've ignored.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.