[KLD] Dynavolt Tower

• Dynavolt Tower 3
    Artifact
    Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, you get EE (two energy counters).
    T, Pay EEEEE: Dynavolt Tower deals 3 damage to target creature or player.

I was little surprised to not see this posted immediately, given how exciting Kaladesh seems to be for many of us :)

Posting from mobile and can't get the forum to link the image. Tips on how to do so are appreciated, but I think we can manage with a text version.

So, here is the energy generator we've been discussing and speculating on as we evalute other energy cards. How good is it? Eh, not bad... a little costly for so little effect, unless some of the unspoiled rares or uncommons have some kind of nasty trick. It scales as you storm out, so its at least worth a look as more energy cards are spoiled. Right now this thread might not see a ton of action, as this card is not super exciting on its own. As we continue to see spoilers, feel free to drop in and post cool interactions or possible combos that you discover.

Honestly, this is about the best we could expect from present-day WotC in terms of enablers. They didn't price it very high and the trigger is gonna happen a lot in vintage, so it seems possible that we can find some potential here.

• This card is a great way to make useless counters, yes.

There is a huge difference between this and the Reservoir card people are chatting about. Reservoir combos with itself to deal 50 damage. Tower gives you a bolt every few spells. I'm really not impressed. Put this counter generation ability on that other card that puts something from your deck into play, and THEN we are talking.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.