[KLD] Fragmentize

• alt text

Too bad they restricted Lodestone, because the fact that this card hits Golem whereas Natural State did not is actually pretty huge game.

And yet, because Nature's Claim exists, this card is probably still resigned to the garbage bin. I dunno, maybe someone running a mono white deck needs this kind of effect, so it's nice to have.

Verdict: Playable, but you have to have a darn good reason to use this instead of better options.

• @MaximumCDawg said:

Verdict: Playable, but you have to have a darn good reason to use this instead of better options.

A darn good reason like a white non-green manabase? Aren't people running Disenchant still?

• This is one hell of a Burning Wish target.

• @ajfirecracker Yeah, but then Disenchant is an instant and hits anything. I can only see this card being looked at if the 1 mana cost is critical for some reason, and if thats true, I think you make sure you can run Natures Claim.

• @MaximumCDawg I think this just replaces Disenchant in most decks for the same reason that Nature's Claim replaced Naturalize.

I have a really hard time seeing White Eldrazi, for example, running Disenchant or Nature's Claim over this card.

What 5+ CMC artifacts and enchantments are you worried about? A few Shops creatures (that are by and large not vulnerable to Disenchant anyway), but you're probably not going to succeed in Disenchant'ing Keranos or Yawgmoth's Bargain

• @ajfirecracker Keranos, no, because it's indestructible. ;)

Otherwise, maybe you're right. Shops has gotten a lot smaller nowadays between Hangerback and Ravager. Perhaps not dealing with Wurmcoil / Hellkite / Karn / Trike / Forgemaster is not really a big deal right now...?

• Playable, and will see play, but against a lot of the targets mentioned Path to exile or Swords are still a lot better.

It hits Moat though, so already that is a big deal, but unlike disenchant it is sorcery and can be Mental misstepped, so I think it may not make the cut for that reason alone.

• This is Nature's Claim 5-8 in Dredge's Sideboard. It hits Leyline of the Void and costs one mana, two things Abrupt Decay cannot do.

• @msg67183 said:

This is Nature's Claim 5-8 in Dredge's Sideboard. It hits Leyline of the Void and costs one mana, two things Abrupt Decay cannot do.

That was my initial reaction as well, then I saw some of the comments were comparing this negatively to N'sC and I forgot you could just run both.

I don't know if you want the full 8 in a Containment Priest world, but it should at least displace Wispmare (which has been hanging on for a while)

• @ajfirecracker said:

@msg67183 said:

This is Nature's Claim 5-8 in Dredge's Sideboard. It hits Leyline of the Void and costs one mana, two things Abrupt Decay cannot do.

That was my initial reaction as well, then I saw some of the comments were comparing this negatively to N'sC and I forgot you could just run both.

I don't know if you want the full 8 in a Containment Priest world, but it should at least displace Wispmare (which has been hanging on for a while)

The way it looks if traditional Dredge is what people want to do, Containment Priest hate probably goes main deck anyway. I have become a fan of Sickening Shoal, thanks to @tattoocek

• six months ago this was the best card in the set

• @msg67183 said:

I probably wouldnt play this in dredge, Id rather run serenity and pay the extra mana. Current dredge board is:
    4x Decay
    4x Serenity
    4x Ingot Chewer
    3x Whispmare

I prefer the evoke guys to natures claim, they dont get misstepped and being able to trigger bridges is a great way to win through hate like priest or cage

• Isn't this better than nature's claim in dredge? What target does this not destroy that dredge wants off the board? Not granting the 4 life seems hugely relevant

The only reason why it isn't strictly better is because it's a sorcery. That interaction matters with grafidigger's cage during the upkeep/draw step. All other hate cards (moat, rest in peace, leyline of the void, ensnaring bridge) interact in very similar ways.

• Sucks that this is a Sorcery. In Hatebears, anyway. With a Canonist or Eidolon of Rhetoric out, you'd be wasting a full turn on this one card, whereas Disenchant can be played anytime... If you need to get rid of an artifact/enchantment on your turn, play a Relic Warder. The savings in Mana cost aren't enough to put this into a hatebears shell.

Against hatebears, this is a kind of silver bullet and takes care of Stony Silence, Aegis, Eidolon, Revoker, Canonist, Suppression Field, Prison... If I were a Mentor pilot, I'd definitely consider replacing disenchants with this.

• Due to the fact that it's a sorcery, it might see play in some Burning Wish deck.

Might...

• @MaximumCDawg said:

And yet, because Nature's Claim exists, this card is probably still resigned to the garbage bin.

Overstated, because there are many Vintage decks that do not and would not wish to run green. This card now means that you do not need to run green or red to combat Shops.

I don't think there is any question this will see meaningful Vintage play.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.