vintage eggs

• my first post...
    I have a vintage playgroup that meets once a month or so to sling vintage. A few of us are going to make the trip out to eternal weekend and I have been trying to get a vintage deck together that's my own brew. Right now I have a steel city vault deck that I like a lot but I have been working on a vintage eggs deck. the eggs deck was doing great until Jaco stopped by with his null rod eldrazi thing and destroyed me.
    now, paradoxical outcome might get the deck there...
    I do hate playing a lot of terrible cards, but the deck can win on T1
    Tangle wire doesn't affect me so it's nice in the deck. it is the only disruption I have.
    27 artifacts
    4 x Accorder's Shield
    1 x Black Lotus
    4 x Bone Saw
    1 x Kite Shield
    1 x Lotus Petal
    1 x Mox Emerald
    1 x Mox Jet
    1 x Mox Pearl
    1 x Mox Ruby
    1 x Mox Sapphire
    4 x Paradise Mantle
    1 x Spidersilk Net
    4 x Tangle Wire
    1 x voltaic key
    1 x time vault

16Blue
    1 x Ancestral Recall
    2 x Hurkyl’s Recall
    4 x Retract
    4 x Riddlesmith
    1 x Timetwister
    4 x paradoxical outcome

15Land
    4 x Cavern of Souls
    4 x Mox Opal
    4 x Thoughtcast
    1 x Tolarian Academy
    2 x Tundra

2Red
    1 x Grapeshot

yes, it's super dependent on getting one of the humans into play, but I am wondering if the paradoxical outcome can enable a big enough storm count to kill without them after a retract.

• yes, I realize mox opals , thought casts, and grapeshot aren't lands....

• Some years ago I fantasized with a riddlesmith + etherium sculptor + sensei's divining top combo. Never played it, since it was awful even when goldfishing.

Your approach is a one shot. One flusterstorm, one mindbreak trap, one stony silence, one null rod, one chalice, one aegis, and you cannot win. One sphere, one thalia, one counterspell, one spirit of the labyrinth... and you are in a very bad shape.

If you want to win on T1, don't play tangle wire. Try leyline of anticipation. Include gitaxian probe. Add accelerators. Play Belcher, or at least copy some enablers.

I must say that when I read "Vintage eggs" I got really intrigued, and expected second sunrise, maybe faith reward and even open the vaults. I find hard to make a competitive deck since any graveyard hosing (and vintage is plenty) and you have a problem.

• Just throwing this out there but there are better 0 mana artifacts than what you are using. YOu have some that seemingly are just in the deck because you can cast them for free, but there are a number of artifacts that can have situational effects that help you, as opposed to Bone saws which likely never will.

Consider:
    Engineered Explosives
    Jeweled Amulet
    Mishras Bauble
    Shield Sphere (unless you just dont want creatures for some reason)
    Spellbook
    Tormod's Crypt
    Welding Jar
    Urzas Bauble
    Zuran Orb

Yes your deck can win turn one. It is likely it will not however, because your going to walk into a counter spell. Some of these cards give you a little more reach. Also timewalk seems correct to me.

• @xouman
    I agree, that null rod and chalice are problems. flusterstorm doesn't bother me as much.
    monetary mentor could go into the deck since it s a human for the caverns. it would help most of these problems... but it doesn't kill t1
    I agree with the graveyard strategies be vulnerable to hate.
    @Protoaddct actually the puresteel paladins allow you to draw off the equipments. then you retract them and your moxes to add storm count and cast them again... drawing your entire deck.
    now, perhaps the direction you are talking might work.. go full 4 hurkyls recall, 4 retract, 4 paradoxical outcome and maybe some even stranger stuff like whelming wave. but the paladins would have to go.
    I just cant see time walk in a storm deck.

what does your opponent counter?
    cavern gets the humans out. then they.. force a bone saw? if they don't I draw a ton of cards.

I think the storm eggs shell can make it with paradoxical outcome

• @elusive You can edit your posts.

• @elusive said:

I agree with the graveyard strategies be vulnerable to hate.
    @Protoaddct actually the puresteel paladins allow you to draw off the equipments. then you retract them and your moxes to add storm count and cast them again... drawing your entire deck.
    now, perhaps the direction you are talking might work.. go full 4 hurkyls recall, 4 retract, 4 paradoxical outcome and maybe some even stranger stuff like whelming wave. but the paladins would have to go.

Your deck list does not have puresteel in it

• You are correct!
    Upon further testing, paradoxical will Warp every format. Here's a better list

1 sol ring
    1 mana vault
    1 mana crypt
    4 riddlesmith
    4 paradoxical
    1 ancestral
    1 timetwister
    4 retract
    4hurkyles recall
    4 thoughtcast
    5 moxen
    4 Mox opal
    1 lotus petal
    1 black lotus
    4 monestary mentor
    4 cavern of souls
    4 senseis top
    1 tolarian academy
    2 tundra
    1 minamo. At waters edge
    1 brainstorm
    2 exploration map
    4 chain of vapor
    1 gitaxian probe

Not sure what to do about notion thief

• I like the idea. I've tried a few all in decks myself. They usually aren't good, but can be very fun. I just wanted to share my thoughts. Even with Puresteel (which I don't see in the list) your deck is closer to Cheerios than to Eggs. If you want to win turn 1, go ALL IN. Get rid of the tangle wires, add Force of Will instead if you think you have enough blue cards, but also you need Sol Ring and Mana Vault somewhere in here as they are essentially colorless rituals, and they get you closer to casting thoughtcasts for U.

A single key + vault seems pretty ambitious with no tutors. If you want to get this online, even a Tinker would help. Tinker would also let you run Jar as another or even a better draw 7 (than time twister).

A deck this all in on Puresteel could also get away with running serum powder. Most of your draws are crap without him anyway.

Consider putting your grapeshot into the sideboard and run 4x burning wish instead. This will allow you to use your wish board as a place to slot in answers to the hate cards that have been brought up in this thread. You need more reliable red mana though, swap your tundras for 5 color lands... Gemstone mine, Mana Confluence, city of brass, there are some good ones. You want to win fast , so your life total really doesn't matter.

Count your lands again, you have thoughtcasts listed in the land spot.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.