9/25/16 - [Houston, TX] - 100% Proxy Vintage at Asgard Games (w/Beer)

• Date: September 25, 2016
    Location: Asgard Games 3302 S Shepherd, Houston TX, 77098 [MAP]
    Registration Time: 12:00 PM
    Event Begins: 1:00 PM
    Entry Fee: $10
    Payout: 100% in store credit. Breakdown depends on turnout
    Proxy limit: Unlimited proxy
    Proxy rules: Don't be a dick.
    Event link: http://asgardgames.net/mtg-vintage-sunday-25-september-2016/

We also alternate between Vintage and Old School with a week off between each event, so it's vintage > week off > old school > week off > repeat . We also have a pretty good beer selection so hang around even if you're not going to prize!

I know we have several players practicing for Eternal Weekend right now, so we're likely going to see a few more normal deck lists as opposed to some of the whacky stuff that's been played more recently.

Two players made the 500 mile round trip from Dallas last month. If anyone is planning on coming from out of town, please contact me if you'd like us to arrange something post-Magic. After most big Legacy events, we generally go out as a group to avail ourselves of the city's excellent food and drink options, and we'd love to show them off to you, too!

• What's the tournament attendance usually like? I'm thinking of driving from Austin, but its not really worth the drive for just an 8-man or something.

Also, since it is all proxy, is there any thought to allowing the Kaladesh cards, even though they arent technically legal yet? Its the last set before EW, and I'm not sure its really worth the time to drive out to a tournament to test literally 1 week before the cardpool changes with several potential playables that could impact the format.

• Our attendance is generally right around eight. I'm hoping with pre-re being that weekend, we'll get a bit more.

@L0cke17 said:

Also, since it is all proxy, is there any thought to allowing the Kaladesh cards, even though they arent technically legal yet? Its the last set before EW, and I'm not sure its really worth the time to drive out to a tournament to test literally 1 week before the cardpool changes with several potential playables that could impact the format.

Good idea! I talked to some of the other vintage folks and decided we will indeed allow Kaladesh cards in this event.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.