Suntitan Odd Oath

• Dragon's Breath is so tempting with Sun Titan/KeyVault but yet another dead card weighs heavily against the case for including KeyVault.
    The Dragon's Breath on its own might be more defensible since you can still get back two lock pieces on that initial turn.
    Trinisphere and Statis are high on my list of Titan targets especially if you're already considering The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale.

• @Aaron-Patten instead of Stasis what about Solitary confinement or Contamination. With suntitan out we can let it die on our turn then bring it back after combat.

Solitary stops storm with shroud and all creature damage with damage prevention. Griselbrand can also draw us cards if we don't want to sac it. Also prevents them from oathing targeting us.

• You know what else Sun Titan can bring back? Necropotence!

• Dragons breath on Titan, bring back necro, swing, bring back solitary confinement, max hand, go. Seems good. Also, personally, I would run Aura of Silence over either Seal, thats kinda meta dependant I guess tho. I for one really really like Forcefield as an answer to some decks as well, but maybe too slow.

• @GrandpaBelcher Necro sounds dope until you hit 3/4 of your deck. We essentially have a better necro in the form of griselbrand imo and Grizzles is still useful even if we have less than 7 cards in our library.

• @bleedth3sky Dack Fayden sounds dope until your opponent isn't playing artifacts. If you Oath up Sun Titan and really needed your one of Griselbrand, Necro is a decent substitute.

• @GrandpaBelcher The only problem is we will have a very hard time casting Necro as mana is iffy at best and I dont wanna start running more rainbow lands.

• @bleedth3sky said:

@Aaron-Patten instead of Stasis what about Solitary confinement or Contamination. With suntitan out we can let it die on our turn then bring it back after combat.

I like confinement and it's in my maybe board for sure but it's just so dead sometimes. If you don't have a plan with it it's a really terrible card. So, ultimately, you only want it when you're already ahead and it ruins you if you're already behind. Contamination is awesome except when they have an on colour mox. It is also still in my maybe board for that reason but could make it into a sideboard. it's such a great lock. Incidentally it's also an additional sacrifice outlet for Eternal Witness so that Sun Titan can keep bringing Witness back turn after turn returning Time Walk(provided you can make blue). :D

@bleedth3sky said:

@GrandpaBelcher Necro sounds dope until you hit 3/4 of your deck. We essentially have a better necro in the form of griselbrand imo and Grizzles is still useful even if we have less than 7 cards in our library.

Necro is more easily cast than Griselbrand and cutting Griselbrand means less dead draws. You can replace Griselbrand with Dragonlord Dromoka and you'll still have a lifelink creature except now it's un-counterable and protects your Time Walk from being countered also.

• Honestly, do we need more than 2 Sun Titan here? The reason to play Griselbrand is to have a lifelinker to beat creatures decks, but we play Deed. He also draws cards, but we could run Scroll Rack so we can't deck ourself. Dromoka protects our spells from being countered, but so does Defense Grid. I'm just not seeing a reason to run more than 2 Sun Titans. It also removes one of the more troublesome cards for Oath to deal with, Karakas.

• I know this is over a year old but I recently got into vintage and this was the deck I was looking at. Any other updates on this deck? Looks great.

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.