What deck to play in my metagame?

• I have a question,

This weekend I will be playing with some friends and I don't know which deck to play.

I know for sure these deck will be played:
    -Eldrazi
    -Fenton Oath
    -Mentor
    -Brophy Dredge

I'm unsure if these decks will be played, but some of us tend to play them once in a while:
    -DPS
    -Mono U Belcher
    -Bomberman
    -Ravager Shops

I'm in doubt between:
    -UW Landstill with Moat, no new-Emrakul.
    -Pitch Dredge with 2 Vengeful Pharaoh.

I love Dredge, but since one of us is already playing it, and people expect him to, sideboards will be packed with hate. Therefor, if I were to play Dredge myself, I'd play with the Dark Depths transformational sideboard.

On the other hand I think UW Landstill is a more resiliant deck, that can handle a lot of diffrent archetypes.

Which deck would you play?

• @bips said:

I have a question,

This weekend I will be playing with some friends and I don't know which deck to play.

I know for sure these deck will be played:
    -Eldrazi
    -Fenton Oath
    -Mentor
    -Brophy Dredge

So with Eldrazi, the main thing you'll be fighting are redundant 4/4s and 5/5s aided by some light mana denial. To fight them, you'll want low costed creature removal supplemented by mass creature removal effects OR creatures that are bigger than 4/4s and 5/5s.

Against Oath, you'll want Grafdigger's Cages, Karakas, and/or enchantment removal out of the sideboard. Grafdigger's Cage is awesome because it's also pretty good against Dredge.

Against Mentor, the best effects are cards that put mana taxes on your opponents spells or effects that limit how many cards the opponent can draw. Thalia, Thorn of Amethyst, Spirit of the Labyrinth, etc. are all examples of cards that interact favorably against Mentor decks. In addition to those types of effects, you will absolutely need a Pyroclasm or Triskelion type effect such that you can kill a 2/2 and a few 1/1s in one swoop.

I'm unsure if these decks will be played, but some of us tend to play them once in a while:
    -DPS
    -Mono U Belcher
    -Bomberman
    -Ravager Shops

The mana taxing effects that are great against Mentor, carry over here to DPS. Thorn effects are a huge burden on DPS AND Belcher. And Null Rod really puts the nail in the coffin on Belcher.

Against Ravager shops, one way to get an advantage is to have a robust mana base and play a lot of creatures so that you are unaffected by Thorn effects. Null Rod, Ingot Chewer, and creature removal are also good here.

I'm in doubt between:
    -UW Landstill with Moat, no new-Emrakul.
    -Pitch Dredge with 2 Vengeful Pharaoh.

I love Dredge, but since one of us is already playing it, and people expect him to, sideboards will be packed with hate. Therefor, if I were to play Dredge myself, I'd play with the Dark Depths transformational sideboard.

On the other hand I think UW Landstill is a more resiliant deck, that can handle a lot of diffrent archetypes.

Which deck would you play?

U/W Landstill

• I agree with everything he stated above. UW Landstill sounds golden. Balance, Supreme Verdict, and Swords sound like your best friends, alongside Cages for Oath and Dredge seems like great weapons versus your meta. Not sure what your list looks like, but I highly, HIGHLY, suggest a one or 2 of Psionic Blast. The card has so many applications and is blue. It has won me so many games in Landstill, and its even more useful in this Eldrazi/Mentor era than it was the last time I played Landstill in a tournament.

• @Serracollector: As awesome as Psionic Blast is, wouldn’t you rather run an extra Swords (or even a Detention Sphere)? 2U+2 life is hella expensive for removal.

P.S. @bips: Something to factor into your decision: I’m putting two guys on ‘probably Oath’ and you on ‘probably Dredge’. There is a distinct possibility that I’ll be playing Cage maindeck again. I really liked having it last time.
    This metagaming crap is fun. ;-)

• Psionic Blast is an instant, and can also be 4 to the dome. Landstill lists normally run a minimal amount of fetches, no Git Probes, or Vamps/Thoughtseizes so the life is nominal in most cases. Mind you I ran snapcaster mage as a 2 of in my list, and EOT Blast your face, Snap-Blast, swing won me a lot of games and caught a lot of ppl off guard. For reference here was one of my t4 lists I ran: http://morphling.de/top8decks.php?id=1541&highlight=3#place3

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.